Dr. George Baerveldt is an ophthalmologist practicing in Orange, CA. Dr. Baerveldt specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Baerveldt can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Baerveldt can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Pretoria- Fac Of Med- Pretoria- So Africa 1968
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Ophthalmology; Kingsbrook Jewish Med Ctr, Ophthalmology
Dr. George Baerveldt MD's Practice location
Orange, CA 92868Get Direction
Dr. George Baerveldt MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
Contact lenses are popular for its two most important characteristics: flexibility and convenience. Based on their usage, contact lenses are categorized into two types: vision correcting lenses, and decorative lenses. Decorative lenses are used to improve the look of the eyes. Generally, these...
- Dr. Robert A. Innocenzi D.O.13197 Central Ave Chino CA 91710
- Dr. Roger V. Ohanesian M.D.24401 Calle De La Louisa Laguna Hills California 92653
- Gordon R.A. Fishman MD1777 Axtell Road Troy Michigan 48084
- Dr. Robert F. Ruper MD436 S Glassell St Orange CA 92866
- Dr. Sean D. Adrean M.D.301 W Bastanchury Rd Fullerton California 92835
- Dr. Jeffrey V. Winston M.D.101 Laguna Road Fullerton CA 92835