Dr. Robert Edward Sands MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry3609 So 19th St Robert E Sands Md Tacoma WA, 98405
Dr. Robert Sands is a psychiatrist practicing in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Sands is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Sands diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Sands may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Sands treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1972
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Comparison of 50% dextrose water, 25% mannitol, and 23.5% saline for the treatment of hemodialysis-associated muscle cramps.
- Exploration of simple insulin sensitivity measures derived from frequently sampled intravenous glucose tolerance (FSIGT) tests. The Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study.
- Factors associated with preterm birth in Cardiff, Wales. I. Univariable and multivariable analysis.
- Factors associated with preterm birth in Cardiff, Wales. II. Indicated and spontaneous preterm birth.
- Factors associated with term low birthweight in Cardiff, Wales.
- Letterman Army Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Robert Edward Sands MD's Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98405Get Direction
Dr. Robert Edward Sands MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sands
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Dr. Pietro M. Poletti MD3802 Broadway Everett WA 98201
- Dr. Patric J. Darby MD13030 Military Rd. S Seattle Washington 98168
- Dr. Julie Farrington MD2727 Hollycroft St Gig Harbor WA 98335
- Dr. Jackson Lee Haverly M.D.22410 Benson Rd Se Kent WA 98031
- Dr. William Donald Richie Other9601 Steilacoom Blvd Sw Lakewood WA 98498
- Dr. Jennifer Ann Irwin M.D.618 N G St Tacoma WA 98403