Dr. Chad Mccalla is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Mccalla specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati / Main Campus 2005
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Chad David Mccalla M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Chad David Mccalla M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Menstrual Cramps?
The dull, throbbing, or sharp pain felt in the lower abdomen before and during menstrual periods is known as menstrual cramps, or dysmenorrhea. The pain may range in severity and continue for two to three days. Although all women are not affected by period pains, it may affect normal activities in...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Dr. Milan Dattatam Nadkarni MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Camille Louise Scribner M.D.3700 California St San Francisco CA 94118
- Dr. Christine S Cho M.D., M.P.H.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Stacy Marie Tarango M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Kevan Alexander Mccarten-gibbs MD747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Karim Mahmoud Mansour M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609