Dr. Douglas Salm is an ophthalmologist practicing in Forest Park, IL. Dr. Salm specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Salm can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Salm can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO- 2020
- Cataract Surgery, Diabetic Retinopathy, Eye Surgery And More
- Loyola University Hospital 2009
Dr. Douglas Francis Salm M.D.'s Practice location
Forest Park, IL 60130Get Direction
APPLETON, WI 54914Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Francis Salm M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What Is Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC): Get the Facts
Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) is also known as contact lens-induced papillary conjunctivitis (CLPC) because it is the most common symptom with people who wear contact lenses. GPC forms small nodules on the inner side of the eyelids as a result of foreign body irritation. Moreover, people who...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- How to Improve Eyesight: Best Natural Ways to Enhance Vision
Just like our body, our eyes also need a lot of care and timely attention. Maintaining the health of our eyes and improving the vision should never be neglected due to the changing lifestyle.What is a Normal Human Vision?Normal vision is defined as 20/20. The term 20/20 is also called as visual...
- Dr. Dimitri G. Perros M.D.800 Austin Evanston Illinois 60202
- Dr. Mark I. Golden M.D.875 North Michigan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60611
- Dr. James Reidy MD60 East Delaware Place Chicago IL 60611
- Manvi Prakash Maker2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Deepa G. Reddy M.D.1900 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.1855 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612