Dr. Richard J Berens MD
Anesthesiologist | Pediatric AnesthesiologyHospital Based @ Chw Hosp. 9000 West Wisconsin Milwaukee WI, 53226
Dr. Richard Berens practices Pediatric Anesthesiology in Milwaukee, WI. As a pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. Berens treats children who have experienced an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery or a procedure. Pediatric anesthesiologists are qualified to evaluate complex problems and plan a safe anesthetic for each child. Through special training and experience, pediatric anesthesiologists provide the safest care for infants and children undergoing anesthesia.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1984
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Critical Care Medicine
- Droperidol for perioperative sedation causes a transient prolongation of the QTc time in children under volatile anesthesia.
- Perioperative opiate requirements in children with previous opiate infusion.
- Droperidol transiently prolongs the QT interval in children undergoing single ventricle palliation.
- Use of Modified Statlock™ Device for Securing an Endotracheal Tube in Facial Burn-Like Conditions.
- Should Deidentified Case Data Be Treated as Independent Data Points?
- Anesthetic Management of an Infant With Postnatally Diagnosed Tracheal Agenesis Undergoing Tracheal Reconstruction: A Case Report.
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Anesthesiology; Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Pediatrics
Dr. Richard J Berens MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53226Get Direction
MILWAUKEE, WI 53226Get Direction
Dr. Richard J Berens MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berens
- Rebooting the Brain with Magnetic Waves May Improve Parkinson's Symptoms
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is emerging as the safest of brain resetting methods that can transform the way doctors treat many brain disorders, including Parkinson's disease.Science has long dreamt about the ability to selectively stimulate or inhibit various centers in a brain without...
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Is Bisacodyl Used For?
Generic Name: BisacodylBrand Name: Dulcolax, CorrectolBisacodyl is a type of medication used for the short-term treatment of constipation. It can also be used as a laxative to empty the bowels before a patient undergoes surgery and other types of medical procedures. It is a stimulant laxative that...
- 5 tips for Living with Shin Splints
A shin splint is the pain felt over the inner edge of your shin bone. It is a common occurrence among athletes and in those who play sports like soccer, basketball, racket ball and tennis. Initially, the pain may only appear soon after the exercise or physical activity, but if left untreated, can...
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- Dr. Lynn M Rusy MD9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. Thomas Bradley Strandness M.D.9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. Todd J Troshynski MDHospital Based @ Chw Hosp. Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. Susan M Retzack MD9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. Susan R Staudt MDHospital Based @ Chw Hosp. Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. William Robert Clarke MD9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226