Dr. Peter Ford M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery7800 PROVIDENCE RD CHARLOTTE NC, 28226
Dr. Peter Ford is a vascular surgeon practicing in CHARLOTTE, NC. Dr. Ford specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Ford diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Monash University / Faculty of Medicine Medicine
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Member Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS)
- UNC North Carolina, Vascular Surgery, NC, USA 2007
Dr. Peter Ford M.D.'s Practice location
CHARLOTTE, NC 28226Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Dr. Peter Ford M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ford
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Dr. James N. Antezana MD13727 Grand Palisades Pkwy Charlotte NC 28278
- Dr. Stephen Gary Lalka M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Christopher William Boyes M.D.1001 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Jason S Burgess MD2001 Vail Avenue Charlotte NC 28207
- Tzvi Nussbaum MD1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Timothy Starling Roush M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203