Dr. Leonard W. Vangelder M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine24445 Northwestern Hwy Suite # 206 Southfield MI, 48075
Dr. Leonard Vangelder practices Geriatric Medicine in Southfield, MI. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Vangelder works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
University of Pretoria School of Medicine 1973
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Abnormal Gait
- Vascular Disease
- Cook County Hospital Program
Dr. Leonard W. Vangelder M.D.'s Practice location
Southfield, MI 48075Get Direction
Ionia, MI 48846Get Direction
FLINT, MI 48532Get Direction
Dr. Leonard W. Vangelder M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vangelder
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease: Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: DonepezilBrand Names: Aricept, Aricept ODTWhat is Aricept?Aricept (donepezil) is a medication used for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia due to Alzheimer's disease. This medication improves nerve function in the brain and works by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine,...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- What Does "Senile" Mean?
What is senile?Senile is the term used to describe an individual who experiences senility due to old age. The word "senility" means the state of both physical and mental decline associated with old age. Senility is commonly seen among the elderly. The concept of senility is also commonly compared to...
- Dr. Sameer-Tajudden Shaik-Abdul M.D951 Mt Hermon Rd Salisbury MD 21804
- Dr. William Craig Crafton D.O.4030 W Walton Blvd Waterford MI 48329
- Dr. Hany Helmy Abskhroun MD18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn MI 48124
- Dr. Satish N. Kamath M.D.24100 Oxford St Dearborn MI 48124
- Dr. Paula J Kim M.D.27070 Hoover Rd Warren MI 48093
- Dr. Peter R Schoeps DO32756 Grand River Ave Farmington MI 48336