Dr. J. Mocco practices Neurological Surgery in Gainesville, FL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Mocco prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 2000
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- The asymmetric vascular stent: efficacy in a rabbit aneurysm model.
- Resection of a pontine cavernous malformation via an endoscopic endonasal approach: a case report.
- Endovascular treatment of tandem internal carotid and middle cerebral artery occlusions.
- Stroke Mimic Secondary to IV Fentanyl Administration.
- 305 The INVEST Trial: A Randomized, Controlled Trial to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of Image-Guided Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Surgery With Apollo vs Best Medical Management for Supratentorial Intracerebral Hemorrhage.
- Procedural Requirements and Certification Paradigms for Stroke Care Delivery: Perspective of Neurointerventional Professional Societies.
- Statin Neuroprotection and Carotid Endarterectomy: Safety, Feasibility and Outcomes
- INVEST-REGISTRY: Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Surgical Treatment With Apollo/Artemis in Patients With Brain Hemorrhage
- Evaluation of the Roadsaver Stent Used in Conjunction With the Nanoparasol Embolic Protection System for Carotid Artery Stenosis
- INVEST Feasibility - Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Surgery With Apollo in Patients With Brain Hemorrhage
- Ny And Presby Hosp, Neurological Surgery; Ny And Presby Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. J. Duffy Mocco MD's Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32610Get Direction
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. J. Duffy Mocco MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mocco
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Dr. Maryam Rahman MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Spiros Lee Blackburn M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Justin Matthew Sporrer MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Steven N Roper MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Sivasupiramaniam Sriharan MD601 Mulholland St Bay City MI 48708
- Dr. David W Pincus MD1600 Sw Archer Road Gainesville FL 32610