Dr. William C Miller MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27599
Dr. William Miller is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Miller specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease- 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1992
- Member American Sexually Transmitted Diseases Association
- Member American College of Physicians
- Member Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Duke University Medical Center, Infectious Diseases, NC, USA 1994
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, Infectious Diseases 1991
Dr. William C Miller MD's Practice location
- What Causes HIV?
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a viral disease that can be passed and spread by a number of ways including sexual contact and childbirth if the pregnant mother is infected. HIV is a disease that destroys the body's immune system, and it is considered a sexually transmitted disease...
- Chlamydia in Men
What is chlamydia?Chlamydia is one of the most widespread sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States. It is caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia infection is more or less like gonorrhea in terms of its symptoms and format of spreading from one person to the other....
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- I had COVID-19, now what?
In a previous article I have written, I have explained certain measures to take when you get positive COVID-19 results. I understand that getting the news of a COVID-19 diagnosis can cause feelings of sadness. Upon talking with patients, I have heard about their sentiments. How they worry, how...
- What Causes AIDS?
The Origin of AIDSAIDS is caused by HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). Thus, it is not possible to get AIDS without having HIV first. HIV is a retrovirus that is thought to come from chimpanzees. HIV is said to originate from Africa, where humans hunted chimpanzees and came in contact with their...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Christopher Browning Hurt M.D.130 Mason Farm Rd Cb#7030 Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Myron S Cohen MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Mina C Hosseinipour MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Joseph S Pagano MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Adaora A Adimora MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Joseph J Eron MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599