Dr. Joseph A. Megara, III, DPM
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot & Ankle Surgery204 Grove Ave Ste. G Thorofare NJ, 08086
From routine checkups to treatments for surgery, Dr. Megara is equipped to handle all podiatric needs at Advanced Foot Care Center with offices in Thorofare (West Deptford), Moorestown, and Salem, New Jersey. Diagnosing and treating conditions of the feet, he has been serving as the Medical Director of the Salem Wound and Vascular Center since 2013. He is also affiliated with Inspira Medical Center Mullica Hill and Salem Medical Center
Dr. Joseph A. Megara, III, DPM's Videos
Education and Training
Ohio School of Podiatric Medicine Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree 0
American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Foot Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
- Foot And Ankle Problems, Ankle Surgery, Foot Surgery
- Trauma & Reconstruction
- Neuromuscular Disorders (nerve & Muscle Diseases)
- Bunionectomies For Foot Deformities
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wound Care And Management
- Diabetes Complications
- Hammer Toes, Bunions, Sports Injuries And More
- Ingrown Nail Removal
- Plantar Fasciitis, Ankle Reconstruction, Foot Reconstruction And More
- Foot Fracture
- Heel Spurs
- Skin And Nail Disorders
- Arthritic Foot & Ankle
- Corns & Calluses
- Sports Medicine
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Association of Podiatric Practice Management
- New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (Associate)
- Medical Director of Salem Wound Care Center Salem Memorial Hospital 2013
Experience & Accolades
- Proprietor2012Advanced Foot Care CenterPrivate Practice
Professional Society Memberships
- American Podiatric Medical Association, American Association of Podiatric Practice Management, New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dr. Joseph A. Megara, III, DPM's Practice location
Thorofare, NJ 08086Get Direction
Get to know Podiatrist Dr. Joseph A. Megara, who serves patients in New Jersey.
From routine checkups to treatments for surgery, Dr. Megara III is equipped to handle all podiatric needs at Advanced Foot Care Center with offices in Thorofare and Pennsville, New Jersey.
Diagnosing and treating conditions of the feet, he has been serving as the Medical Director of the Salem Wound and Vascular Center since 2013. He is also affiliated with Inspira Medical Center Mullica Hill and The Memorial Hospital of Salem County.
Graduating with his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from the Ohio School of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Megara III went on to further his education. He performed his residency in podiatric medicine and surgery at Cooper University Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident.
With excellence in medicine, the doctor is board-certified through the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM). The ABPM exists to offer podiatric physicians a comprehensive board qualification and certification process.
A Board Member of the Keystone Mercy/Amerihealth Mercy Credentialing Committee, Dr. Megara III is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, the American Association of Podiatric Practice Management, the New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association, and the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (Associate).
Additionally, he is certified in hyperbaric medicine through the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, and is a Certified Master Surgeon in HyProCure Implant through the Graham Medical Institute.
Podiatry is a branch of medicine devoted to the study, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of a variety of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. A podiatrist, also known as a podiatric physician or a foot and ankle surgeon, is a medical professional devoted to the treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. They can treat injuries and complications from ongoing health issues like diabetes.
On a more personal note, Dr. Megara III speaks English, Spanish, and Italian.
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Samuel Quartey DPM2511 Hamilton Dr Voorhees NJ 08043
- Dr. David Tachna D.P.M.931 E Haverford Road Bryn Mawr PA 19010
- John Watson DPM303 North Main Stree Woodstown New Jersey 08098
- Dr. Albert Mosheyev DPM8815 Germantown Ave. Philadelphia PA 19118
- Dr. Steven Cancell D.P.M.3 cooper plaza Camden NJ 08103
- Dr. Michelle L. Oliver DPM860 Lancaster Ave Devon PA 19333