Dr. Joseph A. Megara, III, DPM
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot & Ankle Surgery204 Grove Ave Ste. G Thorofare NJ, 08086
From routine checkups to treatments for surgery, Dr. Megara III is equipped to handle all podiatric needs at Advanced Foot Care Center with offices in Thorofare and Pennsville, New Jersey. Diagnosing and treating conditions of the feet, he has been serving as the Medical Director of the Salem Wound and Vascular Center since 2013. He is also affiliated with Inspira Medical Center Mullica Hill and The Memorial Hospital of Salem County
Dr. Joseph A. Megara, III, DPM's Videos
Education and Training
Ohio School of Podiatric Medicine Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree 0
American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM)
- Foot And Ankle Problems, Ankle Surgery, Foot Surgery
- Trauma & Reconstruction
- Neuromuscular Disorders (nerve & Muscle Diseases)
- Bunionectomies For Foot Deformities
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wound Care And Management
- Diabetes Complications
- Hammer Toes, Bunions, Sports Injuries And More
- Ingrown Nail Removal
- Plantar Fasciitis, Ankle Reconstruction, Foot Reconstruction And More
- Foot Fracture
- Heel Spurs
- Skin And Nail Disorders
- Arthritic Foot & Ankle
- Corns & Calluses
- Sports Medicine
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Association of Podiatric Practice Management
- New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (Associate)
- Medical Director of Salem Wound Care Center Salem Memorial Hospital 2013
Experience & Accolades
- Proprietor2012Advanced Foot Care CenterPrivate Practice
Professional Society Memberships
- American Podiatric Medical Association, American Association of Podiatric Practice Management, New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dr. Joseph A. Megara, III, DPM's Practice location
Get to know Podiatrist Dr. Joseph A. Megara, who serves patients in New Jersey.
From routine checkups to treatments for surgery, Dr. Megara III is equipped to handle all podiatric needs at Advanced Foot Care Center with offices in Thorofare and Pennsville, New Jersey.
Diagnosing and treating conditions of the feet, he has been serving as the Medical Director of the Salem Wound and Vascular Center since 2013. He is also affiliated with Inspira Medical Center Mullica Hill and The Memorial Hospital of Salem County.
Graduating with his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from the Ohio School of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Megara III went on to further his education. He performed his residency in podiatric medicine and surgery at Cooper University Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident.
With excellence in medicine, the doctor is board-certified through the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM). The ABPM exists to offer podiatric physicians a comprehensive board qualification and certification process.
A Board Member of the Keystone Mercy/Amerihealth Mercy Credentialing Committee, Dr. Megara III is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, the American Association of Podiatric Practice Management, the New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association, and the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (Associate).
Additionally, he is certified in hyperbaric medicine through the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, and is a Certified Master Surgeon in HyProCure Implant through the Graham Medical Institute.
Podiatry is a branch of medicine devoted to the study, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of a variety of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. A podiatrist, also known as a podiatric physician or a foot and ankle surgeon, is a medical professional devoted to the treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. They can treat injuries and complications from ongoing health issues like diabetes.
On a more personal note, Dr. Megara III speaks English, Spanish, and Italian.
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- All About Plantar Warts
How do plantar warts form?Verruca Plantaris is the technical name for plantar warts. What are they? Warts are small benign (non-cancerous) growths on the skin. They typically occur when the skin is infected by a virus. In this case, plantar warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). This...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Samuel Quartey DPM6100 Jefferson street Philadelphia Pa 19151
- Dr. David Tachna D.P.M.931 E Haverford Road Bryn Mawr PA 19010
- Dr. Albert Mosheyev DPM8815 Germantown Ave. Philadelphia PA 19118
- Dr. Steven Cancell D.P.M.3 cooper plaza Camden NJ 08103
- Dr. Michelle L. Oliver DPM860 Lancaster Ave Devon PA 19333
- Dr. Robert J Warkala DPM401 Kings Hwy S Cherry Hill NJ 08034