Dr. William W Phillips M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology5500 Brooktree Rd Suite 201 Wexford PA, 15090
Dr. William Phillips is a gastroenterologist practicing in Wexford, PA. Dr. Phillips specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Phillips performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 1976
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Allegheny Gen Hosp, Gastroenterology; Akron City Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Summa Health System/NEOMED Program
Dr. William W Phillips M.D.'s Practice location
Wexford, PA 15090Get Direction
Dr. William W Phillips M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Phillips
- Does Smoking Cause Acid Reflux?
In 2013, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the average smoker smokes 10-19 cigarettes a day, and about 17.8% of the population were active smokers. The first studies linking smoking to gastroesophageal reflux, or acid reflux, discovered that symptoms began...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- Is IBS Linked to Back Pain?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a common gastrointestinal disorder, which is usually characterized by common symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea. People suffering from the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) most often report unique symptoms that don’t seem to be...
- Chronic Constipation: The Rarer Side Effect of Crohn's Disease
When it comes to the most persistent symptoms of Crohn’s disease, diarrhea is at the top of the list. However, this is not always the case for individuals coping with this chronic condition. Constipation is also an issue.The large intestine is responsible to reabsorbing water from foods that are...
- Crohn's Disease: Foods, Vitamins, Supplements, and Herbal Remedies
Crohn's Disease and VitaminsCrohn is an inflammatory bowel disease which mainly affects the gastrointestinal tract causing severe pain in the abdomen, constant fever and reduction in weight. It does not allow the digestive system to absorb the required vitamins and nutrients from the food.Vitamins...
- Morning Diarrhea: Why Do We Have Diarrhea in the Morning?
Introduction of Morning DiarrheaOne of the ways the body tries to get rid of any unwanted waste or substance is through diarrhea. This is done by secreting extra fluid to the intestine and thus producing an unusual number of strong contractions of the intestine. This in turn leads to loose or watery...
- Dr. Katie F. Farah MD1307 Federal Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212
- Dr. Wendy Mikulski Craig D.O.5200 Centre Ave Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. Rahim Sotoodehfar M.D.9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Dr. Sandra Michel El-hachem M.D.200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jaideep Behari MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Savreet Sarkaria MD525 E 68th St New York NY 10021