Dr. Peter Sun practices Neurological Surgery in Oakland, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Sun prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 2000
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1991
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Planning within an institutional setting.
- Harris County Hospital District: a quasi-governmental approach to multi-hospital systems.
- The design of a citywide HMO: the Newark Comprehensive Health Services Plan.
- Cervical spinal stenosis and sports-related cervical cord neurapraxia in children.
- In utero surgery for hydrocephalus.
- Bone morphogenetic protein for salvage fusion in an infant with Down syndrome and craniovertebral instability. Case report.
- Transient hypothermia reduces focal ischemic brain injury in the rat.
- Cervical spinal stenosis and sports-related cervical cord neurapraxia.
- Identification and characterization of low temperature stress responsive genes in Poncirus trifoliata by suppression subtractive hybridization.
- Intractable episodic bradycardia resulting from progressive lead traction in an epileptic child with a vagus nerve stimulator: a delayed complication.
- Fast dynamic imaging technique to identify obstructive lesions in the CSF space: report of 2 cases.
- An experimental burn wound-healing study of non-thermal atmospheric pressure microplasma jet arrays.
- Cervical cord compression in mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI): Findings from the MPS VI Clinical Surveillance Program (CSP).
- Encephaloduroarteriosynangiosis (EDAS) in young patients with cerebrovascular complications of sickle cell disease: Single-institution experience.
- [Development of Markov models for economics evaluation of strategies on hepatitis B vaccination and population-based antiviral treatment in China].
- Brain Tumor
- Birth Defects
- St Joseph Mercy Hlth Sys, Internal Medicine
- Bridgeport Hospital/Yale University Program
Dr. Peter P. Sun M.D.'s Practice location
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Peter P. Sun M.D. | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Peter P. Sun M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sun
- James d.
Saved my daughters life.
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Dr. Ronnie I. Mimran MD1320 El Capitan Drive Danville California 94526
- Dr. Manish Kumar Aghi MD PHDUcsf Neurosurgery San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Nguyen Trong Do D.O.600 Coffee Rd Modesto CA 95355
- Dr. Jeffrey Blaine Randall MD20055 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Dr. Michael Alan Sheinberg M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Philip R. Weinstein M.D.400 Parnassus Ave Rm A808 San Francisco CA 94143