Dr. Frank Laws is a cardiologist practicing in Glenwood Springs, CO. Dr. Laws specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Laws also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Virginia - Roanoke-Salem MD
University of the West Indies Faculty of Medical Sciences 1983
University of the West Indies Faculty of Medicine St. Augustine 1993
- Regulation of cardiac and skeletal muscle malonyl-CoA decarboxylase by fatty acids.
- Reactivation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is associated with contractile dysfunction in hypertrophied rat heart.
- ST segment elevation pattern of acute myocardial infarction induced by acute pancreatitis.
- High Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Frank A Laws M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Frank A Laws M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Properly Recover from Heart Surgery
The first few weeks after a heart surgery are usually eventful and difficult. As time passes, life becomes easier with lesser discomfort, if postoperative precautions are followed stringently. The most important thing that a patient should realize is that he himself is responsible for quick healing....
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Lupus: What is it?
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes damage to all parts of the body including the skin, joints, and internal organs....
- What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?
What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?Atrial fibrillation or A – Fib is an infection that causes abnormal heartbeat rhythms. As a result of this, the heart beating is not normal. Due to this abnormal heart beat, arrhythmia’s (Fast or Slow heartbeat) may develop. The most affected...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...