Dr. David W Victor M.D.
Hepatologist | Hepatology1430 Tulane Ave Sl-50 New Orleans LA, 70112
Dr. David Victor is a hepatologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Victor specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Dr. David W Victor M.D.'s Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70112Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
HOUSTON, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. David W Victor M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Victor
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- The Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis A
Hepatitis A is a virus or infection which leads to liver disease or inflammation of the liver.Generally, the symptoms of Hepatitis A, also known as HAV develop after four weeks upon being infected. Not everyone will experience the symptoms, especially children. Look at your GP if you think that you...
- Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD3715 PRYTANIA ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Dr. Chaithanya Mallikarjun MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. George Therapondos MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121