Dr. Stephen Powers practices Neurological Surgery in Harrisburg, PA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Powers prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1977
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1977
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Back Pain
- Brain Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Minnesota Medical School Program
Dr. Stephen K Powers MD's Practice location
HUMMELSTOWN, PA 17036Get Direction
Dr. Stephen K Powers MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Omar Akram Zalatimo MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Michael David Sather MD30 Hope Drive Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Akshal Patel M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Joseph Christopher Zacko MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Elias Rizk M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Einar Bogason M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033