Dr. Jay Robert Mellen M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology3501 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 320 Scottsdale AZ, 85251
Dr. Jay Mellen is a gastroenterologist practicing in Scottsdale, AZ. Dr. Mellen specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Mellen performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- (Gastroenterology), RHODE ISLAND HOSPITAL/BROWN UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RI 1981
Dr. Jay Robert Mellen M.D.'s Practice location
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Get Direction
Dr. Jay Robert Mellen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mellen
- How Constipation Affects Women
Constipation is a very common condition that can affect everyone at some point in their lives. However, women are more commonly affected than men and the frequency of constipation cases increases with age. Constipation may be a frequent problem for some people, which may require medical...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Tips On Recovering From Open Hernia Repair
After surgery, the first thing everyone would like to ask the doctor is about recovery. Undoubtedly, no one wants to stay bedridden for very long and everyone wants to restart their normal activities as soon as possible. While the recovery time for open hernia repair varies from person to person,...
- Morning Diarrhea: Why Do We Have Diarrhea in the Morning?
Introduction of Morning DiarrheaOne of the ways the body tries to get rid of any unwanted waste or substance is through diarrhea. This is done by secreting extra fluid to the intestine and thus producing an unusual number of strong contractions of the intestine. This in turn leads to loose or watery...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Is Caffeine Okay to Consume with Colitis?
In the United States alone, more than 1 million individuals suffer from an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Such diseases interfere with the body’s ability to absorb the nutrients it requires, thereby leading to deficiencies. If you are suffering...
- Dr. Frederick I. Kenny M.D.349 E CORONADO RD PHOENIX AZ 85004
- Dr. Rajan Khosla M.D.3930 South Alma School Road, Chandler Arizona 85248
- Dr. Anil Bellur Seetharam MD9767 North 91st Street Scottsdale AZ 85258
- Dr. Neena S Abraham MD13400 E Shea Blvd Scottsdale AZ 85259
- Dr. Philip Gregory Foutch D.O.603 W BASELINE RD STE 200 MESA AZ 85210
- Dr. Sudhakar A Reddy MD10229 N 92nd St Scottsdale AZ 85258