Dr. John Langell is a general surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Langell specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Langell provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 1995
Hahnemann University School of Medicine 1999
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Addressing challenges of training a new generation of clinician-innovators through an interdisciplinary medical technology design program: Bench-to-Bedside.
- Violet 405 nm light: A novel therapeutic agent against β-lactam-resistant Escherichia coli.
- A noncontact RF-based respiratory sensor: results of a clinical trial.
- Implementation of national practice guidelines to reduce waste and optimize patient value.
- Industry-academic partnerships: an approach to accelerate innovation.
- Violet 405-nm light: a novel therapeutic agent against common pathogenic bacteria.
- Unresectable Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Eight Years Later.
- Inguinal Hernia
- Stanford Univ Hosp, General Surgery Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, General Preventive Medicine
Dr. John T Langell M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
Dr. John T Langell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Langell
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What to Expect After Recovery from an Appendectomy
Appendectomy is the term that is used in the medical field to refer to a surgical operation used to remove the appendix. The appendix is a small tube-shaped pouch that is attached to the large intestines. An appendectomy is an emergency operation that is conducted to treat the inflammation of the...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- How to Prepare for an Ablation
An ablation is a surgery that removes body tissue. Once your ablation has been discussed, it is wise to consider some shared risk factors which you may control. The following shared risk factors are important to consider before your ablation....
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Rafe C Connors MD30 N 1900 E Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Ute Gawlick MD, PHD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Jason Joel Schwartz M.D.Department Of Surgery Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Ellen Hunt Morrow M.D.University Of Utah Som Department Of Surgery Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. David Arnold Larsen M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Stephen Hugh Mckellar M.D.50 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132