Dr. Stephen Sems is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Sems specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Sems tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1999
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Results of polyaxial locked-plate fixation of periarticular fractures of the knee.
- Results of polyaxial locked-plate fixation of periarticular fractures of the knee. Surgical technique.
- Trends in subtrochanteric, diaphyseal, and distal femur fractures, 1984-2007.
- Acetabular fractures: the role of total hip replacement.
- Reverse Medial Hemisoleus Flaps for Coverage of Distal Third Leg Wounds: A Technical Trick.
- Allgöwer-Donati Versus Vertical Mattress Suture Technique Impact on Perfusion in Ankle Fracture Surgery: A Randomized Clinical Trial Using Intra-operative Angiography.
- Allgöwer-Donati Versus Vertical Mattress Suture Technique Impact on Perfusion in Ankle Fracture Surgery: A Randomized Clinical Trial Using Intraoperative Angiography.
- Broken Ankle
- Member Minnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Cleveland Clinic
- Fellow - Orthopaedic Traumatology: Hennepin County Medical Center
- Fellow - Vorstand: O. Univ. Prof. Dr. Rudolf Syzkowitz: AO International
Dr. Stephen A. Sems, MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Oronoco, MN 55960Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Stephen A. Sems, MD | Orthopaedic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Stephen A. Sems, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sems
- What Is Blount’s Disease: Symptoms and Treatment
Blount's DiseaseBlount's disease is a growth disorder that causes the lower leg bones to bow outward. Although this disorder can affect people any time during growth stages, it is more commonly seen in adolescents and children who are younger than 4 years old.It is important to note that Blount’s...
- The Function of Joints
Skeletal systemOur musculoskeletal system is made of muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bones, and bursae. When impulse stimulates, the muscles contract and these muscles are attached to the ligaments. Most of the skeletal system is made of bones and cartilage. The cartilage or ligaments are...
- Broken Tibia: Symptoms and Treatment
OverviewThe tibia and fibula are the two bones in your lower leg. The larger bone is the tibia, which supports most of a person's weight. It is also an important part of the ankle and knee joints. A fractured or broken tibia is usually along the length of the bone and in between the knee and above...
- What Conditions Does a Bone Doctor Treat?
What is a bone doctor?A bone doctor is also known as an orthopedist or an orthopedic surgeon. Bone doctors specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, diseases, and conditions. Their practice is also seen in other areas, such as pediatrics, sports medicine, trauma,...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Mark Dekutoski MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Aaron J. Altenburg MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Brian Walczak200 First Street Southwest Rochester Minnesota 55906
- Dr. Robert Boyd Bartelt MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Harold Wharton Rees MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Matthew P Abdel MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905