Dr. Mustafa Rahim is an internist practicing in Beckley, West Virgina. Dr. Rahim specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Rahim provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice. Dr. Mustafa Rahim is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine, WVU School of Medicine. Dr. Mustafa Rahim is also an Adjunct Faculty, Lincoln Memorial University, School of Medicine. Dr. Rahim is a Chairman Licensing committee, West Virginia Board of Medicine. Dr. Mustafa Rahim, MD is a Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician. Dr. Rahim also holds Board Certifications as a Specialist in Clinical Hypertension with the American Society of Hypertension and a Board Certified Disability Analyst with the American Board of Disability. He is an elected Fellow of American College of Physicians, as well as an elected Fellow of American Society of Preventive Cardiology. Dr. Mustafa Rahim is Chief of Medical Staff, ARH Beckley; Vice Chairman, Department of Medicine, Raleigh General Hospital; Medical Director, Pinelodge and Rehab, Raleigh Center, Glen Rogers Manor, Mullens Manor, and Rescare. Dr. Mustafa Rahim has been practicing from last 29 years. He also serves on a board of Directors for Raleigh College. Dr. Rahim has also given numerous lectures on hypertension, diabetes, and preventive cardiology to fellow peers, students, and residents in teaching hospitals of West Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Dr. Rahim has also helped medical students and residents in publishing case reports and writing research papers. His office is also listed as an approved facility by NIOSH - Coal Workers' Health Surveillance Program. Dr. Rahim is also a certified Medical Examiner for US Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Admission Privileges at: Raleigh General Hospital, Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital, Pine Lodge and Rehab, Glen Rogers Manors, Mullens Manor, Rescare, and Jackie Withrow Hospital. Scope of Practice: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Non-invasive Cardiology, Preventive Cardiology, Hypertension, and Geriatrics Medicine
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1988
EVANGELICAL HOSP OF OAK LAWN 1995
Karachi Medical and Dental College 1988
American Board of Clinical Lipidology
American Board of Disability Analysts
Disability Analyst and Fellow (Disability Analysts)
Senior Disability Analyst and Diplomate (Disability Analysts)
American Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor West Virginia University School of Medicine 2012 - 2018
- Clinical Instructor West Virginia University School of Medicine 2001 - 2011
- Adjunct Faculty Lincoln Memorial University 2014 - 2018
- Chairman Licensing Committee West Virginia Board of Medicine 2017 - 2018
- Chief of Staff Beckley ARH 2013 - 2014
- Vice Chairman, Department of Medicine Raleigh General Hospital, WV 2016 - 2018
- Medical Director PineLodge and Rehab, Beckley WV 2015 - 2018
- Medical Director ResCare, WV 2015 - 2018
- Medical Director Glen Rogers, WV 2015 - 2018
- Medical Director Mullens Manor 2015 - 2018
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Fellow- American College of Physicians
- Fellow- American Society of Preventive Cardiology
- American Society of Hypertension
- Heart Failure Society of America
- The American Geriatrics Society
- National Lipid Association
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Advocate Christ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Advocate Christ Medical Center Program
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center; University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Professional Society Memberships
- National Lipid Association, American Society of Hypertension, American Board Of Internal Medicine, American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- To God, his parents and his sister and hard work too.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Family
Favorite professional publications
- Journals & Publications - American College of Physicians, American Journal of Cardiology
Dr. Mustafa Rahim M.D.'s Practice location
BECKLEY, WV 25801Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mustafa Rahim M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mustafa Rahim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rahim
Excellent Doctor. Found my cancer , helped me all along. Refer every one to him.
- Kimchi's Health Benefits and More
Kimchi is a Korean side dish made with salted and fermented vegetables. This Korean staple side dish usually has cabbage, radish, garlic, ginger, and various seafood, with spices and seasonings. In the past, kimchi was stored in jars and buried in the ground to stay at a certain temperature suitable...
- What is Listeriosis?
Listeriosis is a foodborne disease caused by the infection of the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes. This infection may cause severe symptoms in pregnant women and people who have a weak immune system. It may also affect newborns and the elderly. The symptoms are generally not very serious in the case...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Nail Fungus?
Fungal infections are common in hair, nails, and surfaces of the skin. Nail fungus infects toe and finger nails and is more common in toe nails when compared to fingers. Also referred to as onchomyosis, this condition may become very painful affecting the whole nail. It usually starts as a small...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?
Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?Sleep normally follows a pattern that alternates between rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM sleep. Changes in this pattern affect sleep resulting in disorders that may lead to tiredness and lack of concentration and attention during day time. Sleep can be disrupted...
- The Best Diet for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused by an increase of pressure in the anal and rectal veins. This pressure can be caused by standing or sitting for too long, poor posture, anal intercourse, and many other things. However, the most common root causes of hemorrhoids are dietary and lifestyle choices. This means...
- Dr. George Edward Lovegrove M.D.4130 Robert C Byrd Dr Beckley WV 25801
- Dr. Suresh P Thomas MD179 Woodland Drive Beckley WV 25801
- Dr. Wadih Kabbara MD250 Stanaford Rd Beckley WV 25801
- Dr. Harold Edward Harvey M.D.214 Professional Park Beckley WV 25801
- Dr. Waheed A Khan MD1500 Terrace Street Hinton WV 25951
- Dr. Billy J Cole D.O.200 Raleigh Ave Beckley WV 25801