Dr. Vigen Abovian is a family practitioner practicing in Glendale, CA. Dr. Abovian specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Abovian possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
New York Medical College Fifth Pathway 2003
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, Spohn Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency 2010
Universidad Autonoma De Guajalajara-Jalisco, Mexico 2001 2001
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- 2007
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas A&M University, Christus Spohn County Memorial Hospital Family Medicine 2010
- Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University; University of Wisconsin
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, always learning, teaching and making a difference.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Research, Being Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- All current family practice and geriatric medicine publications and research
Dr. Vigen V. Abovian M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vigen V. Abovian M.D. | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vigen V. Abovian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abovian
- How Can I Lower Cholesterol Levels?
How Can I Lower Cholesterol Levels?Lowering the levels of cholesterol goes a long way in reducing the risk of heart disease and aids in a longer, healthier life. But is it easy to lower the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) in blood? Before we begin, please remember that cholesterol...
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
IntroductionThe vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable...
- Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a common infection, although most people who suffer from the condition use ineffective treatments. Before going to the pharmacy, you should first learn about the appropriate treatment for your condition.Sinuses are tiny openings found in the skull and are usually filled with air. They...
- How Exactly Does Terbinafine Work to Treat Jock Itch?
What is terbinafine?Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by stopping fungi from growing. Topical terbinafine is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Oral terbinafine tablets are often prescribed when it comes to treating fungal...
- Dr. Scott M. Gregor D.O.801 S Chevy Chase Dr Glendale CA 91205
- Dr. Ludlow Creary MD266 S Harvard Blvd Los Angeles CA 90004
- Dr. Ann I. Ryan MD1304 15th St Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Yelena Badalova MD2222 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica CA 90404
- Mr. Mark David Schneider D.O.10800 Paramount Blvd Downey CA 90241
- Dr. Bruce Olmscheid M.D.45 Castro St San Francisco CA 94114