Dr. Vigen Abovian is a family practitioner practicing in Glendale, CA. Dr. Abovian specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Abovian possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
New York Medical College Fifth Pathway 2003
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, Spohn Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency 2010
Universidad Autonoma De Guajalajara-Jalisco, Mexico 2001 2001
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- 2007
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas A&M University, Christus Spohn County Memorial Hospital Family Medicine 2010
- Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University; University of Wisconsin
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, always learning, teaching and making a difference.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Research, Being Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- All current family practice and geriatric medicine publications and research
Dr. Vigen V. Abovian M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vigen V. Abovian M.D. | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vigen V. Abovian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abovian
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Basically anyone can experience lower back pain but studies have shown that adults of age 30 to 60 years tend to have a higher chance of experiencing back pain. Nevertheless, no one is safe from lower back pain.Lower back pain can be caused by a variety of problems with any parts of the complex,...
- What Is the Cause of an Underactive Thyroid Gland?
Gaining weight? Feeling colder? Feeling depressed? Hypothyroidism could be the reason behind it.What is hypothyroidism?Also known as low thyroid or underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is characterized by underactive thyroid glands that fail to produce an adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These...
- Croup in Adults
Croup is a very common respiratory infection in children, but it can also occur in adults. It can occur at any point and is quite infectious since the virus is often being dispersed through the air, which causes the infection to spread to others. Although rare, croup can also be caused by bacterial...
- Alternative Treatments for Head Lice
In case your child spends a night at a friend's house and later claims that the place had a lot of lice then you should know it is not a big deal. Though lice are spread from one person to another, they do not come with diseases and your child is just okay. In case you do not want to use clinical...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. Scott M. Gregor D.O.1131 WILSHIRE BLVD STE 300 SANTA MONICA CA 90401
- Dr. Ludlow Creary MD1731 E 120th St Los Angeles California 90059
- Dr. Ann I. Ryan MD1304 15th St Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Yelena Badalova MD12340 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles California 90025
- Mr. Mark David Schneider D.O.10800 Paramount Blvd Downey CA 90241
- Dr. Bruce Olmscheid M.D.9725 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills California 90212