Dr. Abess joined the Irongate Family Practice in 1990. He attended the College of Charleston, SC for his undergraduate degree, the Medical University of South Carolina for his Doctor of Medicine and St. ...
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1987
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1987
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Prostate Cancer
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Vascular Disease
- St Josephs Hosp Hlth Ctr, Family Medicine
- St Josephs Hospital Health Center
- St Joseph's Hospital Health Center Program
Dr. Gerard F Abess M.D.'s Practice location
Glens Falls, NY 12801Get Direction
Dr. Gerard F Abess M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abess
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- What Is Tramadol Used For?
Tramadol, sold under the brand name "Ultram" in the United States, is a synthetic opioid analgesic used to manage moderate to moderately-severe pain. It is generally used to relieve pain as that experienced during chronic conditions like arthritis or after surgery. Tramadol Hcl 50 mg also arrives in...
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- What Are Pinworms? Treatment and Home Remedies for Pinworms
A pinworm infection is a parasitic infection of the intestines, mostly affecting children. Pinworms can cause great discomfort in children since the infection comes with itching and irritation in the perianal region. This parasitic infection can spread from one child to another. Even adolescents...
- 6 Reasons Why You Are Coughing Up Green Mucus
IntroductionMucus is a moist film, which helps keep your nose from drying out and protect your lungs from foreign substances, such as bacteria, viruses, dust, and other harmful intruders. It keeps you healthy but you may only notice it whenever you are sick. Mucus becomes thicker when you are sick,...
- Dr. Robert Peter Reeves M.D.3 Irongate Center Glens Falls NY 12801
- Dr. Anthony Petracca M.D.3 Irongate Center Glens Falls NY 12801
- Dr. Robert Lapp Evans D.O.3 Irongate Center Glens Falls NY 12801
- Dr. Thomas B Coppens M.D.3 Irongate Center Glens Falls NY 12801
- Dr. David John Cunningham M.D.3 Irongate Center Glens Falls NY 12801
- Dr. Jean Ansari Flanagan MD170 WARREN ST GLENS FALLS NY 12801