Dr. Elis Olson is a pediatrician practicing in Huntsville, AL. Dr. Olson is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Olson diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Olson can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Dr. Elis Y Olson MD's Practice location
Huntsville, AL 35801Get Direction
Dr. Elis Y Olson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Breastfeeding Children Can Reduce Their Risk of Developing Infections
Babies who are exclusively breastfed have fewer and less severe infections, when compared to babies who are partially breastfed or not breastfed at all, according to a study published in, Archives of Disease in Childhood. This protection is regardless of the healthcare and vaccinations provided to...
- Understanding Social Communication Disorder Could Benefit Autism Diagnosis
The definition of autism is ever redefined. As doctors, researchers, and parents learn more and more about this neurodevelopmental disorder, it’s essential to reevaluate past knowledge and ideas. This is especially important with autism as it is not a simple on-off disease, but rather, encompasses...
- Encephalitis in Children
Encephalitis in ChildrenEncephalitis means inflammation of the brain. The condition is usually caused by viruses. Encephalitis is a rare disease that affects approximately 0.5 per 100,000 individuals. Children, the elderly, and those with an impaired immune system are commonly affected by the...
- Impetigo: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Home Remedies
What is impetigo?Impetigo is also known as "school sores". It is a common bacterial skin infection that occurs in infants and young children, especially preschoolers. Although it is common among children, adults can get impetigo, too.The two types of bacteria that can cause impetigo...
- What Are the Symptoms of Chickenpox?
Chickenpox is an infectious disease caused by varicella zoster virus. It is very common among children but may affect adults also. Infection by this virus causes red blisters in different parts of the body. This skin condition has become less common with the advent of chickenpox vaccination. The...
- Dr. Muriel Aline Desimone MD115 MANNING DRIVE HUNTSVILLE AL 35801
- Dr. Laurie Lenhart Imsand M.D.245 Governors Dr Se Huntsville AL 35801
- Dr. Veronica Collier M.D.245 GOVERNORS DR SE HUNTSVILLE AL 35801
- Dr. John Paul Mclendon MD245 GOVERNORS DR SE HUNTSVILLE AL 35801
- Dr. Stephanie Weikard Israel M.D.2324 PANSY ST SW HUNTSVILLE AL 35801
- Dr. Rebecca Cochran MD1963 Memorial Pkwy Sw Huntsville AL 35801