Dr. A Barry Belman MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC, 20010
Dr. A Belman practices Pediatric Urology in Washington, DC. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Belman is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Belman performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1964
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Plexiform neurofibroma of the penis in a child.
- Abdominoscrotal hydrocele in infancy: a review and presentation of the scrotal approach for correction.
- Uretero-vas deferens anastomosis associated with imperforate anus: an embryologically predictable occurrence.
- Familial occurrence of nonobstructive, noninfectious vesicoureteral reflux with renal scarring.
- Direct and indirect radionuclide cystography.
- Early diuresis renogram findings predict success following pyeloplasty.
- Ureteral reimplantation. The effect of proximal urinary diversion and bladder defunctionalization in dogs.
- Letter: Neonatal hematuria.
- Sonography for the detection and follow-up of primary nonsarcomatous bladder tumors in children.
- Letter: Vesicoureteral reflux.
- Caudal anesthesia in children: effect of volume versus concentration of bupivacaine on blocking spermatic cord traction response during orchidopexy.
- The time to certify pediatric urologists has arrived.
- Renal scarring following reflux and nonreflux pyelonephritis in children: evaluation with 99mtechnetium-dimercaptosuccinic acid scintigraphy.
- Intraoperative spermatic venography during varicocele surgery in adolescents.
- Incidence of new renal parenchymal inflammatory changes following breakthrough urinary tract infection in patients with vesicoureteral reflux treated with antibiotic prophylaxis: evaluation by 99MTechnetium dimercapto-succinic acid renal scan.
- Vet Affairs Lakeside M C, General Surgery; Wesley Pavillion, Urology; Passavant Pavillion, Urology; Passavant Pavillion, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Northwestern University
Dr. A Barry Belman MD's Practice location
Dr. A Barry Belman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Belman
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Myles D Gibbons MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Harry Guilford Rushton MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Michael Hsieh M.D., PH.D.111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. Hans Pohl MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Daniel Paul Casella M.D.111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. Aaron D Martin M.D., M.P.H111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010