Dr. Joon Sung Park MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology521 E Michigan Ave Suite 201 Kalamazoo MI, 49007
Dr. Joon Park is a nephrologist practicing in Kalamazoo, MI. Dr. Park specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Park most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1999
- Evaluation of two hepatitis C virus genotyping assays based on the 5' untranslated region (UTR): the limitations of 5' UTR-based assays and the need for a supplementary sequencing-based approach.
- Association of chronic viral hepatitis B with insulin resistance.
- A new classification system for ischemia using a combination of deep and periventricular white matter hyperintensities.
- Water intoxication following low-dose intravenous cyclophosphamide.
- The Cut-off Values of Triglycerides and Glucose Index for Metabolic Syndrome in American and Korean Adolescents.
- Estimating Negative Effect of Abdominal Obesity on Mildly Decreased Kidney Function Using a Novel Index of Body-Fat Distribution.
- Erratum: Affiliation and corresponding author correction: Laparoscopic resection of retroperitoneal benign neurilemmoma.
Dr. Joon Sung Park MD's Practice location
Kalamazoo, MI 49007Get Direction
Dr. Joon Sung Park MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Park
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Dr. Than N Oo MD521 E Michigan Ave Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Dr. Peter Gable Manring MD521 E Michigan Ave Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Dr. Prince Jit Sidhu MD521 E Michigan Ave Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Dr. Ahmed Aqeel MD521 E Michigan Ave Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Dr. Ahsan A Qureshi MD521 E Michigan Ave Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Dr. Sanjay P Dalal MD521 E Michigan Ave Kalamazoo MI 49007