I am a certified pediatrician and internist with an interest in preventive and public health of all age groups. I started working at Kaiser Permanente in 2007 after working in Chicago for more than 10 ...
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Jennie Chen M.D.'s Practice location
SAN LEANDRO, CA 94577Get Direction
Dr. Jennie Chen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Baby Have Acid Reflux?
Spit out what they have just been fed; this is known as reflux or posseting. This is not vomiting. It is important to learn the difference between vomiting and reflux. In vomiting, the muscles contract to forcefully expel the contents of the stomach, whereas in reflux, it is a spontaneous expulsion...
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- Cow Milk Formula Helps Babies to Gain Weight
According to a study, infants who were fed on cow’s milk formula gained weight more quickly, when compared to infants who were fed on protein hydrolysate formulas. Protein hydrolysate formulas, or hypoallergenic formulas, are meant for children who have problems digesting certain proteins. The...
- How Long Should my Child Be Sleeping?
The amount of sleep a child needs varies depending on the child and the child's age.1-4 weeks oldNewborns usually sleep for 15 to 18 hours per day, but this sleep usually occurs in short periods of two to four hours at a time. The duration of sleep is generally longer for babies who are born...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Dr. Jacob Eapen MD6066 Civic Terrace Ave Newark California 94560
- Dr. Usha Vallamdas MD2400 Balfour Rd Brentwood California 94513
- Neil W. Hoglund20126 Stanton Avenue Castro Valley California 94546
- Dr. Michael Taymor MD145 California Avenue Palo Alto California 94301
- Dr. David B. Lewis MD269 Campus Drive Stanford California 94305
- Dr. Nicole M. Poppinga M.D.100 Mac Lane Pierre South Dakota 57501