Dr. Dawn Heather Scott MD
Pediatrician777 Washington Ave Suite 410 Memphis TN, 38105
Dr. Dawn Scott is a pediatrician practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. Scott is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Scott diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Scott can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Univ Of Tn Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
- University Of Tn College Of Med
Dr. Dawn Heather Scott MD's Practice location
Memphis, TN 38105Get Direction
MEMPHIS, TN 38105Get Direction
Dr. Dawn Heather Scott MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scott
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- New Studies Look for Signs of Autism Before Birth
For many years medical providers have primarily relied on analyses of a child’s behavior in order to diagnose autism. While the behavioral differences between a child with autism and a neurotypical child are sufficient to provide a diagnosis, it can be a lengthy process. At a young age, behavioral...
- Head Motions Offer Insight into Autism for Girls
Autism was always considered to be a boy’s disorder. Girls are diagnosed with autism, too, but at a much lower rate; five times as many boys are diagnosed with autism as are girls.That may not necessarily be because boys have autism more frequently than girls, though. It is possible that girls...
- How Oxytocin, a Natural Hormone, Could Improve Social Skills in Children with Autism
Ocytocin is often called the 'love hormone' or the 'cuddle hormone.' It has many effects, from appetite suppression to inhibiting the release of cortisol. More famously, it is important for every kind of relationship.Basically, this hormone is released by any loving physical contact, including...
- What Causes Toxic Synovitis?
Children who develop or complain of limping must be examined to make sure that their condition is not an orthopedic emergency like in the case of septic arthritis. After being examined, children's parents may hear about a toxic synovitis diagnosis. Such diagnosis might sound scary, but it is...
- Dr. Patrice C. Reed M.D.1255 S. Germantown Road Germantown Tennessee 38138
- Dr. Oluwaseun E. Orebiyi-Heinkel MD1129 Hale Road Memphis Tennessee 38116
- Dr. Herman Andrew Crisler MD5660 Mt Moriah Rd Memphis TN 38115
- Dr. Ann Catherine Lankford M.D.6215 HUMPHREYS BLVD MEMPHIS TN 38120
- Dr. James Edward Carter M.D.1444 E Shelby Dr Memphis TN 38116
- Willie Tsiu MD920 Estate Dr Memphis TN 38119