Dr. Nelson Shu-sang Yee MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology500 University Dr Hershey PA, 17033
Dr. Nelson Yee is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Hershey, PA. Dr. Yee specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Zebrafish as a model for pancreatic cancer research.
- Exocrine pancreas development in zebrafish.
- Mutation of RNA Pol III subunit rpc2/polr3b Leads to Deficiency of Subunit Rpc11 and disrupts zebrafish digestive development.
- Combined targeting of histone deacetylases and hedgehog signaling enhances cytoxicity in pancreatic cancer.
- Transient receptor potential channel TRPM8 is over-expressed and required for
- Werner syndrome as a hereditary risk factor for exocrine pancreatic cancer: potential role of WRN in pancreatic tumorigenesis and patient-tailored therapy.
- Transient receptor potential ion channel Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic epithelial proliferation by Mg2+-sensitive Socs3a signaling in development and cancer.
- Histone deacetylase 1 is required for exocrine pancreatic epithelial proliferation in development and cancer.
- Brca2 deficiency and Trp53 deregulation in pancreatic cancer: implications for therapeutic targeting.
- Targeted silencing of TRPM7 ion channel induces replicative senescence and produces enhanced cytotoxicity with gemcitabine in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- TRPM8 ion channel is aberrantly expressed and required for preventing replicative senescence in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: potential role of TRPM8 as a biomarker and target.
- Toward the goal of personalized therapy in pancreatic cancer by targeting the molecular phenotype.
- Translating discovery in zebrafish pancreatic development to human pancreatic cancer: biomarkers, targets, pathogenesis, and therapeutics.
- TRPM7 and TRPM8 Ion Channels in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Potential Roles as Cancer Biomarkers and Targets.
- Aberrantly Over-Expressed TRPM8 Channels in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Correlation with Tumor Size/Stage and Requirement for Cancer Cells Invasion.
- National Institutes of Health Mentored Clinical Scientist Development Award
- Doctor of Philosophy (Molecular Biology)
- Robert Wood Johnson, Jr. Charitable Trust Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute American Cancer Society Alvan T. and Viola D. Fuller Jr. Research Fel
- Pancreatic Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Stomach Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Hosp. of the Univ. of PA-Hematology/Onc., Philadelphia, PA 2001
- Hematology/Oncology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania 2001
Dr. Nelson Shu-sang Yee MD's Practice location
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
Dr. Nelson Shu-sang Yee MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yee
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- Survey Shows Lack of Blood Cancer Knowledge Among Americans
If anyone is asked to describe what cancer is, chances are they’ll be able to provide at least a rough definition of the disease. Generally speaking, cancer is the name for the rapid and uncontrollable development of cells in a certain part of the body. In addition to holding a general awareness...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- John Quinones Teams Up With Survivors For Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Many cancer patients suffer in silence, with the public being largely unaware of the different types of cancer and how they affect patients. Most people obviously know that cancer is well, a bad thing, but there is a lot of nuance and important information that is lost on the common citizen. Most...
- Dance Mom Abby Lee Miller Diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Abby Lee Miller, known for her brutal dance instruction and demanding style of training, is as recognized for her tirades as she is for her long-running hit reality show Dance Moms.Abby inherited the love of dance from her late mother and started her own dance company at just 14 years old. She...
- Charles W. Reninger, III.101 Erford Road Camphill Pennsylvania 17011
- Dr. Hyatt Peter DeGreen D.O.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Elliot Mark Epner MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Sulfikar Ibrahim M.D.4 Brandywine Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Jeffrey J. Pu M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Chandra P Belani MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033