Dr. Stephen Bruce is a family practitioner practicing in Ogden, UT. Dr. Bruce specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Bruce possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1982
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1982
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Extraction, interpretation and validation of information for comparing samples in metabolic LC/MS data sets.
- Summary recommendations for standardization and reporting of metabolic analyses.
- Statistical heterospectroscopy, an approach to the integrated analysis of NMR and UPLC-MS data sets: application in metabonomic toxicology studies.
- Statistical search space reduction and two-dimensional data display approaches for UPLC-MS in biomarker discovery and pathway analysis.
- In vitro differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells toward a renal lineage.
- Dynamic transcription programs during ES cell differentiation towards mesoderm in serum versus serum-freeBMP4 culture.
- Evaluation of a protocol for metabolic profiling studies on human blood plasma by combined ultra-performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry: From extraction to data analysis.
- Global metabolic profiling analysis on human urine by UPLC-TOFMS: issues and method validation in nutritional metabolomics.
- Stem cell transcriptome profiling via massive-scale mRNA sequencing.
- Long noncoding RNAs in mouse embryonic stem cell pluripotency and differentiation.
- Investigation of human blood plasma sample preparation for performing metabolomics using ultrahigh performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry.
- Patched 1 is a crucial determinant of asymmetry and digit number in the vertebrate limb.
- Quantitative measurement of betaine and free choline in plasma, cereals and cereal products by isotope dilution LC-MS/MS.
- Inactivation of Patched1 in the mouse limb has novel inhibitory effects on the chondrogenic program.
- A plasma global metabolic profiling approach applied to an exercise study monitoring the effects of glucose, galactose and fructose drinks during post-exercise recovery.
- Meeting-in-the-middle using metabolic profiling - a strategy for the identification of intermediate biomarkers in cohort studies.
- A whole-grain cereal-rich diet increases plasma betaine, and tends to decrease total and LDL-cholesterol compared with a refined-grain diet in healthy subjects.
- A protein-leucine supplement increases branched-chain amino acid and nitrogen turnover but not performance.
- Analysis and quantification of vitamin D metabolites in serum by ultra-performance liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry and high-resolution mass spectrometry--a method comparison and validation.
- A whole-grain-rich diet reduces urinary excretion of markers of protein catabolism and gut microbiota metabolism in healthy men after one week.
- Discrepancy between radioimmunoassay and high performance liquid chromatography tandem-mass spectrometry for the analysis of androstenedione.
- Serum androgen levels in elite female athletes.
- β-Klotho deficiency protects against obesity through a crosstalk between liver, microbiota, and brown adipose tissue.
- High Cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Actinic Keratosis
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Advocate Il Masonic Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Children's Hospital of San Francisco 1985
- California Pacific Medical Center 1984
- Advocate Christ Medical Center Program
- VA Medical Center / Los Angeles, CA, Cardiovasc Diseases 1987
Dr. Stephen James Bruce MD's Practice location
Ogden, UT 84405Get Direction
Dr. Stephen James Bruce MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bruce
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- 512 Pill Used for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
IntroductionThe 512 pill is a white-colored round pill with an imprint of "512". It is known to contain the active ingredients acetaminophen with the strength of 325 mg and oxycodone with the strength of 5 mg. This medicine is supplied by the company known as Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.The 512...
- What Do Antispasmodic Medicines Do?
Antispasmodic medicines are commonly prescribed drugs for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). These medications can help relieve abdominal cramping and pain, which are common symptoms experienced by people with IBS. However, antispasmodic medications might not be suitable for people who have...
- What Does Bactrim Treat?
BactrimBactrim is a combination of antibiotics called trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole, which help treat different types of bacterial infections. Bactrim can be used for the treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs), ear infections, bronchitis, shigellosis, traveler's...
- What Is Acute Sinusitis?
The inflammation of the sinuses and nasal membranes is what is referred to as sinusitis. The sinuses are the openings located in the facial bones that are linked to nasal openings. Mucous membranes that surround the sinuses are the same as those found in the interior of the nose. You probably have...
- Did You Know That Bactrim Can Treat Multiple Infections?
Bacteria are microorganisms that thrive in the environment, but they are not always harmful. There are a number of vital functions that are performed by bacteria, which are essential for our day-to-day living. However, sometimes, these bacteria may leave harmful strains on or inside our body. When...
- Dr. Douglas Spence Kasteler MD390 N Main St Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Dustin G Child M.D.975 Chambers St Ogden UT 84403
- Dr. Zachary Campbell M.D.1915 W 5950 S ROY UT 84067
- Dr. Brian C Lofgran M.D.4403 Harrison Blvd Ogden UT 84403
- Dr. Mark S Jorgensen MD1477 N 2000 W Clearfield UT 84015
- Dr. Scott Russell Bishop M.D.7321 11th St Hill Afb UT 84056