Dr. Geeta Lal MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Geeta Lal is a surgical oncologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Lal specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Univ Of Toronto Fac Of Med 1995
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine 1995
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Thyroid Cancer
Dr. Geeta Lal MD's Practice location
Dr. Geeta Lal MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lal
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Ovarian Cancer Is Not Only Deadly, But Very Hard to Detect. Women Need to Stay Vigilant
September is known as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer of the cells of the ovaries. It can occur in several different parts of the ovary, including the germ, stromal or epithelial cells. Germ cells are the cells that become eggs, stromal cells make up the substance...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Can Melatonin Keep Breast Cancer at Bay and Improve Treatment?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Today, this type of cancer generally has a good prognosis: around 80% of women have a survival rate of 10 years or longer. This is partially due to the chemotherapeutic agent known as tamoxifen. ...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Dr. Ronald J Weigel MD PHD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas Peter Rossi M.D.1834 Kathlin Dr Iowa City IA 52246
- Dr. Hisakazu Hoshi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sonia L Sugg MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Peter Rudolph Jochimsen M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Carlos Hou fai Chan MD, PHD, FRCSC200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242