Dr. Justine Anne Petrie MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine2228 N State College Blvd Fullerton CA, 92831
Dr. Justine Petrie practices Sleep Medicine in Fullerton, CA. Dr. Petrie studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences 1961
Dr. Justine Anne Petrie MD's Practice location
Fullerton, CA 92831Get Direction
Dr. Justine Anne Petrie MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Petrie
- Is Insomnia Genetic?
The Genetics of InsomniaOne's DNA is not only responsible for their eye and hair color, but can also contribute to health hazards and medical issues, like insomnia. According to several studies, the often weakening and detrimental sleep disorder insomnia can be genetic and hereditary. Scientists...
- Researchers Use Tongue Ultrasound to Direct Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea is a medical condition that is characterized by pauses in breathing. The affected patient finds it difficult to breathe because the muscles of inhalation stop moving and the volume of the lungs remains the same. This is due to the accumulation of CO2 in the blood and a high...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What is Sleep Apnea?
This is a sleep disorder which remains undiagnosed in most cases. In this disorder, a person’s breathing stops or gets interrupted during sleep, affecting the oxygen distribution to different organs. People affected by sleep apnea often stop sleeping briefly during the night.Two types of sleep...
- Is There an Association Between Your Sleep and Testosterone Levels?
Among older males, less sleep is associated with low levels of testosterone, according to a recent study. Normally, the levels of the male hormone decreases with age, and in some men, this may result in a lack of energy or libido. Researchers noted that some men manage to maintain normal levels of...
- Sleep Disorder May Cause Brain Inflammation in Parkinson’s Patients
Researchers have long proposed that a sleep disorder may increase inflammatory responses, and may increase the risk of developing various neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease. A recent study called “Assessment of neuroinflammation in patients with idiopathic...
- Dr. Youssef Behnam Awad MD3440 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90807
- Dr. Imran Sharief MD1937 W Chapman Ave Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Pratap Saraf M.D.622 W Duarte Rd Arcadia CA 91007
- Dr. Rakesh Sinha M.B.B.S., M.D.1866 N Orange Grove Ave Pomona CA 91767
- Dr. Stephen Michael Seink M.D.332 Old Newport Blvd Newport Beach CA 92663
- Dr. Gurbinder Singh Sadana M.D.1866 N Orange Grove Ave Pomona CA 91767