Dr. Nelson Kwadwo Asante MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1800 Mulberry St Scranton PA, 18510
Dr. Nelson Asante is a psychiatrist practicing in Scranton, PA. Dr. Asante is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Asante diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Asante may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Asante treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ghana, Med Sch, Accra, Ghana 1987
University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry 1987
Yale School of Medicine 2000
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Influence of oxygen on endothelium-derived relaxing factor/nitric oxide and K(+)-dependent regulation of vascular tone.
- Effects of NG-substituted arginines on coronary vascular function after endotoxin.
- Vasomotor responses of canine coronary arterial rings to NG-monomethyl-L-arginine and N omega nitro L-arginine methyl ester.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
Dr. Nelson Kwadwo Asante MD's Practice location
Scranton, PA 18510Get Direction
Scranton, PA 18510Get Direction
Dr. Nelson Kwadwo Asante MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Asante
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Guido D. Boriosi121 Greenbriar Drive Clarks Green Pennsylvania 18411
- Ashok Bharucha143 Edgewood Drive W South Abington Township PA 18411
- Dr. Matthew Adam Berger MD340 Montage Mountain Rd Moosic PA 18507
- Dr. Michael J. Rainey M.D.326 Adams Ave Scranton PA 18503
- Dr. Chung K. Rhee MD1111 E End Blvd Wilkes Barre PA 18702
- Dr. Adharsh Pravid Sahadevan M.D.501 MADISON AVE SCRANTON PA 18510