Dr. Mohamed Asfour is a pathologist practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Asfour is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Asfour can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Asfour may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine; Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Mohamed Ayman Asfour M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Mohamed Ayman Asfour M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Youssef Al Hmada2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Veena Shenoy M.D.2500 NORTH STATE STREET JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Charulochana Subramony M.D.2500 N STATE ST JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Israh Akhtar MD2500 N STATE ST JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Mithra Baliga M.D.2500 N STATE ST JACKSON MS 39216
- Dr. Janice Lage MD2500 N STATE ST JACKSON MS 39216