Dr. Joseph A. Kwentus MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry3531 Lakeland Drive Suite 1060 Brentwood Flowood MS, 39232
Dr. Joseph Kwentus is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Flowood, MS. Dr. Kwentus specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Kwentus helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1972
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1972
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- Productive naming and memory in depression and Alzheimer's type dementia.
- Increased alpha-1-acid glycoprotein in depression lowers free fraction of imipramine.
- Trends in CNS prescribing following the economic slowdown.
- Benefit of nasal CPAP in obstructive sleep apnea is due to positive pharyngeal pressure.
- Adrenocortical function following multiple anesthesia inductions with etomidate.
- Effects of protriptyline on vigilance and information processing in narcolepsy.
- Selective reminding procedure in depression and dementia.
- Rate of forgetting in mild Alzheimer's-type dementia.
- Rate of forgetting in dementia and depression.
- Digit symbol performance in mild dementia and depression.
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus presenting as mania.
- Psychomotor slowing and subcortical-type dysfunction in depression.
- Effect of sleep deprivation on first-year residents' response times, memory, and mood.
- Gastric surgery for respiratory insufficiency of obesity.
- Information processing speed of children with Friedreich's ataxia.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Neurology; Nat'L Naval Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Barnes-Jewish Hosp, Psychiatry
- Georgetown University 1973
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. Joseph A. Kwentus MD's Practice location
Flowood, MS 39232Get Direction
Dr. Joseph A. Kwentus MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kwentus
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...