Dr. Doug Ryan Mcewen M.D.
Anesthesiologist1900 Pine St Abilene TX, 79601
Dr. Doug Mcewen is an anesthesiologist practicing in Abilene, TX. Dr. Mcewen ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Mcewen also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 2005
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Introduction. ENT surgery.
- Acoustic neuroma.
- Transurethral microwave therapy of the prostate.
- Dental restorations using titanium osseointegrated dental implants.
- Transsphenoidal adenomectomy.
- Postoperative complications related to coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Arteriovenous fistula. Vascular access for long-term hemodialysis.
- Diaphragmatic pacing. An option for patients with quadriplegic respiratory paralysis.
- Intraoperative positioning of surgical patients.
- Complications associated with excision of a submandibular salivary gland tumor.
- Management of alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver.
- Managing patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Intraoperative respiratory complications.
- A guide to salivary gland disorders.
- Surgical treatment for intranasal squamous cell carcinoma.
Dr. Doug Ryan Mcewen M.D.'s Practice location
Abilene, TX 79601Get Direction
- Special Wish for 10 Year Old with Muscular Dystrophy
Josh Banes is a young man from Louisiana with muscular dystrophy. At just 10 years old, a special dream came true for him right outside of the Bossier City, LA Police Department.Josh is fascinated by canine law enforcement. He loves canine officers and their dogs and read books about their...
- Psych Disorders Often Precede Lupus Diagnosis
Classical lupus with typical malar rash and other well-known symptoms is extremely rare. This autoimmune ailment may start insidiously in some and may develop gradually in others. In some, it may begin as a renal problem, or heart disease, while in others various psychiatric issues may precede the...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Norman Jay Dozier MD2401 N Treadaway Blvd Abilene Texas 79601
- Dr. Michael Dewayne Price M.D.1900 PINE ST ABILENE TX 79601
- Dr. John Dickson Ferguson M.D.1900 Pine St Abilene TX 79601
- Dr. Gerry N Lawler M.D.1900 Pine St Abilene TX 79601
- Dr. Ray Boone Martin MD1900 PINE ST ABILENE TX 79601
- Dr. Anil Albuquerque M.D.1900 Pine St Abilene TX 79601