Dr. Ghassan Khamiseh is an internist practicing in LONG BEACH AND SANTA ANA, CA. Dr. Khamiseh specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Khamiseh provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Faculty of Medicine of Damascus University in Syria Medical 1980
Areas of expertise and specialization
- PGY-II RESIDENT OF THE YEAR 1993 THE MEDICAL ATTENDING STAFF AND HOUSE STAFF
- AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston, Illinois Internal Medicine
- ST.FRANCIS HOSPITAL INTERNAL MEDICINE.EVANSTON,ILLINOIS AND TRENTON, NEW JERSEY
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Nephrology
- UNIVERSITY OF DAMASCUS ,FACULTY OF MEDICINE.
Articles and Publications
- GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE IN RENAL FAILURE.J.LABORATORY AND CLINICAL MEDICINE;116,191-195,1990INTESTINAL ABSORPTION OF VITAMIN E IN EXPERIMENTAL RENAL FAILURE,PROCEEDINGS OF SOCIETY FOR EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE;193,125-128,1990.INTESTINAL ABSORPTION OF VITAMIN D-3 IN EXPERIMENTAL NEPHROTIC SYNDROME.PROCEEDINGS OF SOCIETY FOR EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE;196,210-213,1991.
What do you attribute your success to?
- ATTENTION TO DETAILS,APPROACHING THE HUMAN BODY'S DISEASES AS A WHOLE,RATHAR THAN JUST TREATING THE PATIENT'S SYMPTOMS.
Areas of research
- KIDNEY DISEASES.
- PGY-II RESIDENT OF THE YEAR AWARDED BY BOTH THE MEDICAL HOUSE STAFF AND THE MEDICAL ATTENDING STAFF.1993
Favorite Place to Vacation
- LAKE ARROWHEAD,CA.LAKE TAHOE,CA.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- INTERNAL MEDICINE NEWS.AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIAN.
Dr. Ghassan Khamiseh, MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ghassan Khamiseh, MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ghassan Khamiseh, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Khamiseh
Get to know Internist Dr. Ghassan Khamiseh, who serves patients in Santa Ana, California.
Dr. Khamiseh is an experienced and mindful internist specializing in nephrology, internal medicine, and weight management. He is a trusted physician and friend to Santa Ana, California and surrounding communities, providing quality primary care services to patients at Orange View Healthcare.
Having been practicing medicine for more than 20 years, his philosophy is, “Honesty is the best policy,” when treating his patients. He believes good communication and understanding helps to provide the best care possible.
A 1980 graduate of the Faculty of Medicine of Damascus University in Syria, Dr. Khamiseh relocated to the United States to further his training. He performed his residency in internal medicine at AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston, Illinois, where he was recognized as Resident of the Year. He then completed a fellowship in nephrology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
A leader in healthcare quality, he attributes his success to paying attention to details as well as approaching the human body’s diseases as a whole rather than just treating the patient’s symptoms.
Internal medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians specializing in internal medicine are called internists. They manage and prevent common and complex diseases by providing comprehensive care and promoting overall well-being.
When not treating patients, Dr. Khamiseh enjoys reading and playing sports, especially soccer, as well as taking an interest in stock market news and investments. His favorite places to vacation are Lake Arrowhead and Lake Tahoe in California. His favorite publications are Internal Medicine News and American Family Physician.
In addition to English, he speaks Spanish and Arabic.
- What are the Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
Once upon a time, this oil was ostracized by experts for the saturated fat present within it. However, coconut oil is regaining its position in health streams due to innumerable benefits that it offers. It is now considered as oil that can be a cure for many conditions, including thyroid problems,...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Kimchi's Health Benefits and More
Kimchi is a Korean side dish made with salted and fermented vegetables. This Korean staple side dish usually has cabbage, radish, garlic, ginger, and various seafood, with spices and seasonings. In the past, kimchi was stored in jars and buried in the ground to stay at a certain temperature suitable...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- How Much Can We Tell About a Person From Their Appearance?
Ever heard of the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover"? You might want to rethink it. This new study that includes more than 100 college students argues that looking at a person's appearance can help understand a few of their personality traits. The college students that participated in the...
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- Dr. William Gustin MDUci Medical Center Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Marian Jalil M D14350 WHITTIER BLVD WHITTIER CA 90605
- Dr. Rozalie V. Jackson MD1777 North Bellflower Blvd Long Beach California 90815
- Dr. Saja Gleeson MD361 HOSPITAL RD NEWPORT BEACH CA 92663
- Dr. Diana Bryant MD1777 N BELLFLOWER BLVD STE 201 LONG BEACH CA 90815
- Dr. Hector I. Birman MD1750 East Ocean Boulevard Long Beach California 90802