Dr. Juan Colon-pagan is a gastroenterologist practicing in San Juan, PR. Dr. Colon-pagan specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Colon-pagan performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Juan R. Colon-pagan M.D's Practice location
San Juan, PR 00918Get Direction
Dr. Juan R. Colon-pagan M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Colon Polyps?
Colon polyps are small outgrowths from the inner lining of the colon and are made up of clumps of cells. The size of these polyps may range from few millimeters to centimeters. These protrusions are not usually cancerous in nature but may become one with the passage of time, in some cases. Location...
- What Causes Colon Cancer?
As with any cancer, genetic factors play a role in colon cancer as well. However, greater than 75% to 90% of the population develops colon cancer with little or no genetic risk. This means that genetic factors play only a minor role in colon cancers.What are the genetic factors that predispose you...
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Applauds New York State Restroom Access Legislation
People with Crohn’s and colitis understand the pain of being stuck in public with no restrooms available. The need to visit the restroom can be great, but nothing is publicly available, and upon asking an employee: “Sorry, there are no public restrooms in this building.”Perhaps because of...
- How Are Gallstones Diagnosed?
What are gallstones?Gallstones are stones that are formed either in your gallbladder or the bile duct. The gallbladder is a small organ located just under the liver. Its basic function is to hold bile, which is a digestive fluid secreted by the liver. The gallbladder releases bile when it is...
- How Mild Food Poisoning Could Trigger Colitis
A recent study, published in the journal Science, suggests that an individual’s past history of minor bacterial infections, as in the case of mild food poisoning, could add up a chain of events with age and lead to chronic inflammation and potentially life-threatening colitis (inflammation of the...
- Balancing Mental Health and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
There are several misunderstandings about the relationship between mental health and inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. For instance, individuals who know very little about the diseases believe that emotions, such as tension and nervousness, can actually...
- Dr. Jaime Martinez-souss M.D.328 De Diego Ave San Juan PR 00909
- Dr. Priscilla Magno M.D.1830 E Monument St Baltimore MD 21205
- Dr. Antonio Soto-Ramos710 OAK COMMONS BLVD KISSIMMEE FL 34741
- Dr. Emanuel Warrington M.D.517 street Balboa Townhouses Carolina PR 00985
- Dr. Wilfredo Pagani M.D.29 Calle Washington San Juan PR 00907
- Dr. Ivelisse Ramirez MDBayamon Medical Plz Bayamon PR 00959