Dr. Matthew Wood is a vascular surgeon practicing in Nampa, ID. Dr. Wood specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Wood diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1990
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; L D S Hospital, Internal Medicine
Dr. Matthew J. Wood MD's Practice location
Dr. Matthew J. Wood MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Dr. William A Bourland MD222 N 2nd St Boise ID 83702
- Dr. Jeffrey B. Symmonds MD6140 W Curtisian Boise ID 83704
- Dr. Christopher M Alessi MD6140 W Curtisian Boise ID 83704
- Dr. Dale J Strawn MD1055 N Curtis Rd Boise ID 83706
- Dr. Jeffery J. Gilbertson M.D.333 N 1st St Boise ID 83702
- Dr. Philippe A. Masser M.D.333 N 1st St Boise ID 83702