Dr. Todd Forrest Ritzman M.D.
Orthopedist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery1 Perkins Sq Akron OH, 44308
Dr. Todd Ritzman is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Akron, OH. Dr. Ritzman specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Ritzman tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Ritzman treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine 2000
- Current Strategies for the Management of Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Tips and Techniques for Successful Closed Treatment.
- Open Reduction Techniques for Supracondylar Humerus Fractures in Children.
- The Difficult Supracondylar Humerus Fracture: Flexion-Type Injuries.
- Transphyseal Distal Humerus Fracture.
- Evaluation of Limited Screw Density Pedicle Screw Constructs in Posterior Fusions for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- 2011-2012 U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals - Orthopedics
- Cerebral Palsy
- Back Pain
- Birth Defects
- Member Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Pediatric Orthopedics & Scoliosis: San Diego Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA Pediatric
Dr. Todd Forrest Ritzman M.D.'s Practice location
Akron, OH 44308Get Direction
Dr. Todd Forrest Ritzman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ritzman
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder that stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...