Dr. Sheryl L Johnson MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry545 Ray C Hunt Dr Suite 310 Charlottesville VA, 22903
Dr. Sheryl Johnson is a psychiatrist practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Johnson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Johnson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Johnson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Johnson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1999
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Pain Medicine
Dr. Sheryl L Johnson MD's Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22903Get Direction
CINCINNATI, OH 45229Get Direction
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Gabriela Pachano1300 Jefferson Park Avenue Charlottesville VA 22903
- Dr. Robert Stanley Brown MD505 Faulconer Drive Charlottesville VA 22903
- Nicholas D. Crall D.O.2612 Willard Dr Charlottesville VA 22903
- Dr. Nassima Tiouririne MD1300 JEFFERSON PARK AVE CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 22903
- Zachariah C Dameron Other1300 JEFFERSON PARK AVE CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 22903
- Dr. Hilton R. Lacy M.D.500 OLD LYNCHBURG RD CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 22903