Dr. Catherine Mcclain MD
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities3rd Ambulatory Care Ctr 2211 Lomas Blvd. Ne Albuquerque NM, 87131
Dr. Catherine Mcclain is a child neurologist practicing in Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Mcclain specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Mcclain is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Education and Training
University of New Mexico / Main Campus 1988
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1988
- U Nm
- University of New Mexico Program
Dr. Catherine Mcclain MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87131Get Direction
Albuquerque, NM 87107Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Mcclain MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mcclain
- ‘Grappling for Gracie’: Wrestlers Fundraising for a Child with 2 Rare Genetic Diseases
In Jeffersonville, Indiana, Brandon Ables organized a wrestling event for Grace Aikin, a 5-year old girl who has obtained two rare genetic diseases. The event aimed to raise funds for Grace’s new wheelchair which will be brought for a Disney World trip. The young girl actively cheered for Brandon...
- Ed Asner Discusses Son and Grandson’s Autism
Seven-time Emmy award-winning actor and voice artist, Ed Asner, admitted that he did not see the signs that his youngest son, Charlie, had autism. The signs that others seemed to have noticed, including difficulty fitting in, lack of empathy, and lack of certain lagging skills. “I really found a...
- Young Ballerina with Muscular Dystrophy Has Her Dream Come True
Dreams do come true, which has been the case for Jessica Kennedy. When she was just 18 months old, Jessica was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. Now seven, she is bound to a wheelchair with limited mobility, but this little girl is still full of dreams.One of them is to become a ballerina and be...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- Childhood Alzheimer's Patient Dies due to Accident in Hospice Care
Mark and Lisa Bushaway, both 48 years old and living in the UK, grieve the loss of their 21-year-old daughter Emily due to Neimann-Pick Type C, otherwise known as childhood Alzheimer's, and are devastated to learn their younger daughter Sarah also has the genetic disorder.“With one, you think you...
- Dr. John patrick Phillips MD1127 University Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87102
- Dr. Deborah Hall MD2300 Menaul Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87107
- Dr. Judith A. Ledman MD3rd Ambulatory Care Ctr Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Janis Gonzales MD3rd Ambulatory Care Ctr Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Stanley Handmaker MD3rd Ambulatory Care Ctr Albuquerque NM 87131