Dr. Jacques Dion is an interventional radiologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Dion specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ottawa- Fac Of Med- Ottawa- Ont- Canada 1978
University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine 1978
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Neuroradiology- 1998
- Coil embolization combined with carotid-subclavian bypass for treatment of subclavian artery aneurysm.
- Neurosurgical management of intracranial aneurysms previously treated with endovascular therapy.
- Management of ischemic stroke in the next decade: stroke centers of excellence.
- Percutaneous trans-superior orbital fissure embolization of carotid-cavernous fistulas: technique and preliminary results.
- Endovascular therapy of very small aneurysms of the anterior communicating artery: five-fold increased incidence of rupture.
- The use of gadolinium chelates as an alternative radiographic contrast agent for use with flat panel detector angiography.
- A history of detachable coils: 1987-2012.
- Flexible tip guides and intermediate catheters: two center experience and a proposed taxonomy.
- Contrast-enhanced time-resolved MRA for pre-angiographic evaluation of suspected spinal dural arterial venous fistulas.
- Carotid cavernous fistula after Pipeline placement: a single-center experience and review of the literature.
- Reduced Efficacy of the Pipeline Embolization Device in the Treatment of Posterior Communicating Region Aneurysms with Fetal Posterior Cerebral Artery Configuration.
- Incompletely obliterated cranial arteriovenous fistulae are safely and effectively treated with adjuvant ε-aminocaproic acid.
- 2012 Atlanta Super Doctors
- Professionalism Award, 2001 University of Ottawa, Ontario
- 1994 Bernadette-Nogrady Award (Prominent Young Radiologist's Career), Soci
- Aneurysm-brain, Angiography (angiogram), Angioplasty And More
- MemberEmory Healthcare Network Physician
- Member American Roentgen Ray Society
- Member American Society of Interventional & Therapeutic Neurolology
- Member American Society of Neuroradiology
- Member American Society of Spine Radiology
- Member Radiological Society of North America
- La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology; La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Montreal Affiliated Hospitals
- Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Canada
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Jacques E Dion MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
Jacques E Dion MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
Lupus is a chronic auto immune condition that affects many systems in one's body. Cutaneous lupus erythematosus is one type of lupus. Cutaneous lupus can be divided into three main categories:...
- Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis—also known as rhinosinusitis—is defined as an inflammation of the sinuses that results in a number of painful, irritating symptoms. If the sinusitis lasts for less than four weeks, it is diagnosed as acute sinusitis. If it lasts longer, it is defined as chronic sinusitis.A number of...
- 5 Major Health Concerns for Women
According to Saralyn Mark, MD, senior adviser for the Office of Women's Health at the US Department of Health and Human Services, it is important for women to consult with their doctor to discuss their family medical history, to prepare for what they may encounter in their lifetime. Women must be...
- 5 Facts You Never Knew About Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STI) in the United States that mostly affects people between 14 and 49. It occurs as a result of infection with both types of herpes simplex virus (HSV)-HSV1 and HSV2. However, most people with genital herpes are infected with...
- 12-Year-Old Pianist with Autism Blows Audience Away on Harry Connick Jr. Show
Tina Velazquez knew that her son, Jacob, was special very early on. When he was just 13 months old, he was not speaking; however, he had learned the entire alphabet by heart. By the age of 2, he had memorized all 50 states and the 7 continents. During this time, Jacob was also diagnosed with speech...
- Can Probiotics Help Your Upset Stomach?
Probiotics are microorganisms that are helpful to improve the digestive system. Probiotics are typically found in different foods and supplements. These microorganisms maintain the balance of the microbial flora in the intestines. It promotes the growth of good bacteria, and inhibits the growth of...
- J. David Prologo M.D.6325 Hospital Pkwy Johns Creek Georgia 30097
- John C Lipman M.D.3903 S Cobb Dr Se Smyrna GA 30080
- Scott Howard Monen M.D.1285 Lanier Pl Ne Atlanta GA 30306
- Udaya B Chintalapudi MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Steven J Citron MD1968 Peachtree Road Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- George A Kallianos M.D.5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE Atlanta GA 30342