Dr. Richard M Sperling M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1111 W 34th St Suite 200 Austin TX, 78705
Dr. Richard Sperling is a gastroenterologist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Sperling specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Sperling performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine MD 1988
- Texas Medical Association
Dr. Richard M Sperling M.D.'s Practice location
Austin, TX 78705Get Direction
- What Are the Symptoms of Celiac Disease?
Celiac disease is a digestive condition in which the lining of small intestine is affected by the consumption of food containing gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and other related grains. In this condition, eating bread, pasta, cookies, and pizza crust triggers an immune...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's Disease
What is Crohn’s Disease?Crohn’s is a chronic case of inflammatory disease that tends to have an impact on the intestines. It mainly leads to breaking of the lining of both the small and the large intestines. This disease also affects the digestive system starting from the mouth to the anus....
- Study Finds Link Between Celiac Disease and Anorexia in Women
A recent study has found that celiac disease and anorexia are often linked and shared similar symptoms, in more than a few ways.The similarities between these conditions are physical in appearance, making it difficult to discern without medical consolation. To an untrained professional, anorexia...
- Crohn's Disease and Other Gastrointestinal Issues
Crohn’s disease patients suffer from a chronic inflammation of the large intestine (colon). They may also experience weight loss and abdominal pain. Treatment of Crohn’s is more or less similar to that of another inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), known as ulcerative colitis. For both of these...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anal Fissures
An anal fissure is a linear tear in the skin of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. Millions of people suffer from painful bowel movements due to anal fissures.This condition is commonly experienced by young people, but it can also be found in grown men and women. The most common symptom...
- Dr. Harish K Gagneja M.D.1015 E 32nd St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Robert L Frachtman M.D.1111 W 34th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Mona Lin Ridgeway M.D.1111 W 34th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Rashad E Dabaghi M.D.1111 W 34th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Craig H Lubin M.D.1111 W 34th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Angel Eduardo Alcocer M.D.1111 W 34th St Austin TX 78705