Dr. Alfred Gest is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Gest cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. Alfred Louis Gest MD, PACOG's Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
MORGANTOWN, WV 26506Get Direction
Dr. Alfred Louis Gest MD, PACOG's reviewsWrite Review
- Why Are Whole Grains so Important for My Health?
Many studies have shown that including more whole grains in one's diet helps to improve health in different ways.Why do you need whole grains?...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Dr. Alicia Ann Moise MD1 MEDICAL CENTER DR MORGANTOWN WV 26506
- Dr. Greg Barretto M.D.1 Medical Center Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Martha D Mullett MD1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Janet E Graeber M.D.1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Panitan Yossuck M.D.1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Autumn Starn Kiefer MD1 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE MORGANTOWN WV 26506