Susan P. Harding, MD, is a well-versed orthopedic surgeon who diagnoses and treats patients at Penn Orthopaedics Cape May Court House/Penn Medicine. In New Jersey, she remains affiliated with Penn Medicine through Clinical Health Care Associates of New Jersey. Furthermore, Dr. Harding is an associate professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Drexel University College of Medicine. She maintains privileges to treat patients at several hospitals, including the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, and Pennsylvania Hospital. She has an impressive professional journey that spans twenty-four years and has expanse expertise in in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedic trauma.
Education and Training
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1991
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Prevalence of diabetic eye disease in an inner city population: the Liverpool Diabetic Eye Study.
- Cost effectiveness analysis of screening for sight threatening diabetic eye disease.
- Inter-observer concordance in grading retinopathy in cerebral malaria.
- Current status of screening for diabetic retinopathy in the UK.
- Prevalence of diabetic eye disease in patients entering a systematic primary care-based eye screening programme.
- Incidence of sight-threatening retinopathy in Type 1 diabetes in a systematic screening programme.
- Ambulatory photographic screening for diabetic retinopathy in nursing homes.
- Quality of life and patients with cancer: a comparative study of patient versus physician perceptions and its implications for cancer education.
- Long-term drift and timolol therapy: possible role for pulsed therapy.
- Answer please. Scaphocapitate fracture syndrome.
- Outcomes in verteporfin photodynamic therapy for choroidal neovascularisation--'beyond the TAP study'.
- Visual outcomes in children in Malawi following retinopathy of severe malaria.
- Classifying and grading retinal signs in severe malaria.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery Drexel University College of Medicine -
- Top Doctor 2018 Philadelphia Magazine
- Chronic Pain
- Femur Fracture
- Broken Ankle
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Drexel University - Hahnemann University Hospital Orthopedic Surgery
- Drexel University - Hahnemann University Hospital, Orthopedic Surgery
- Harborview Medical Center Orthopedic Trauma
- Drexel University - Hahnemann University Hospital, General Surgery
- Harborview Medical Center, Orthopedic Trauma
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
Dr. Susan P Harding MD's Practice location
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19102Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Susan P Harding MD | Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Orthopaedic Trauma
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Susan P Harding MD's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Susan P. Harding, who serves patients in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Harding is an orthopedic surgeon serving Philadelphia and the surrounding communities. She is affiliated with the College of Medicine at Drexel University. With more than 1,000 medical students, Drexel University College of Medicine is educating 1 in every 83 medical students in the nation. The College is the academic partner in the education of more than 550 medical residents and fellows. There are more than 700 clinical and basic science faculty, and more than 1,700 affiliates and volunteer faculty.
Dr. Harding earned her medical degree at Hahnemann Medical College in 1991. She went on to complete her internship and residency at the MCP Medical Center followed by her fellowship at Harborview Medical Center. Dr. Harding is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. During her time in the field, Dr. Harding has treated thousands of patients. She was recognized and named a “Top Doctor” by Philadelphia Magazine in 2018.
Orthopedic Surgery is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. As an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Harding tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. She specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the body’s musculoskeletal system.
Susan P. Harding, MD, is a Top Orthopedic Surgeon with Penn Medicine in Cape May Court House, NJ
Susan P. Harding, MD, is a well-versed orthopedic surgeon who diagnoses and treats patients at Penn Orthopaedics Cape May Court House/Penn Medicine. In New Jersey, she remains affiliated with Penn Medicine through Clinical Health Care Associates of New Jersey. Furthermore, Dr. Harding is an associate professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Drexel University College of Medicine. She maintains privileges to treat patients at several hospitals, including the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, and Pennsylvania Hospital. She has an impressive professional journey that spans twenty-four years and has expanse expertise in in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedic trauma. For more information about Dr. Susan P. Harding, please visit https://www.pennmedicine.org/providers/profile/susan-harding.
Susan P. Harding, MD, attended Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia, PA, and received her medical degree in 1991. Then, she served her general surgery internship and conducted her orthopedic surgery residency at the Drexel University - Hahnemann University Hospital in Pennsylvania. In addition, she completed her Orthopedic Trauma fellowship training at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WA. Dr. Harding received board certification in orthopedic surgery from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. In 2018, she was listed as a Top Doctor by Philadelphia Magazine. For more information about Dr. Susan P. Harding, please visit https://www.findatopdoc.com/doctor/1801045-Susan-Harding-orthopaedic-surgeon-Philadelphia-PA-19102.
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Why Does Fibromyalgia Affect More Women?
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder, which involves widespread pain in the muscles and bones along with chronic fatigue and cognitive difficulties. This medical condition is often misdiagnosed because its symptoms are subjective without a clear known cause. A few of the classic...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Everything You Need to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
What is knee replacement surgery?Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to repair damaged knees. Replacement for your knee parts can help relieve pain and also make the knee joint active. For total knee replacement surgery, the doctor will remove the damaged cartilage and bone, and...