Gustavo Xavier Morales MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology3686 GRANDVIEW PKWY STE 720 BIRMINGHAM AL, 35243
Dr. Gustavo Morales is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Morales performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Universidad CatÛlica de Santiago de Guayaquil Facultad de Ciencias MÈdicas 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Giant J-wave (Osborn wave) unrelated to hypothermia.
- Adenosine testing in atrial flutter ablation: unmasking of dormant conduction across the cavotricuspid isthmus and risk of recurrence.
- Radiofrequency and Cryo-Ablation Effect on Transvenous Pacing and Defibrillatory Lead Integrity: An In Vitro Study.
- Left atrial access via an unroofed coronary sinus to eliminate fast/slow atypical AVNRT: A case report.
- Clinical Aspects of Systemic Inflammation and Arrhythmogenesis, Especially Atrial Fibrillation.
- Colchicine for prevention of post-cardiac procedure atrial fibrillation: Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
Gustavo Xavier Morales MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35243Get Direction
Gustavo Xavier Morales MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morales
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...