Dr. Steven William Sonnesyn MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease11676 Wayzata Boulevard Infectious Disease C Hopkins MN, 55305
Dr. Steven Sonnesyn is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Hopkins, MN. Dr. Sonnesyn specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1987
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Infectious Diseases; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Steven William Sonnesyn MD's Practice location
Hopkins, MN 55305Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55407Get Direction
Dr. Steven William Sonnesyn MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sonnesyn
- How is Lyme Disease Diagnosed?
Lyme disease is primarily diagnosed through an analysis of the symptoms, although blood tests are also sometimes used.What to keep in mind when diagnosing Lyme diseaseThe bull’s eye rash is usually the most prominent symptom of Lyme’s disease, and a visualization of this rash is usually...
- What Specialists Treat AIDS
Living with HIV/AIDS requires regular doctor visits and routine checkups. So it is best to make sure that you keep up with the many appointments that come up. These can be with dentists, nurses, case managers, counselors, psychiatrists, and other medical needs. It is best to check with your health...
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...
- Alternative Treatments for Chickenpox
Chicken pox is a very easily spread disease, and the cause of the disease is the varicella-zoster virus that starts as sore and itchy skin. Besides children, pregnant mothers are at a high risk of acquiring the disease. Usually, the best method in avoiding the contracting of the virus is getting a...
- 5 Tips On Living with HIV
HIV, which stands for human immunodeficiency virus, is an infection that attacks the human being's defense system. When the infection gets into the body, it slowly destroys the immune system, leaving the body weak to various infections. As the virus continues to stay in the body, it develops from...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- Dr. Elliot Francke M.D.825 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis Minnesota 55402
- Dr. Winston P Cavert MD420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Stephen Robert Obaid M.D.6363 France Ave S Minneapolis MN 55435
- Dr. Peter Franklin Bornstein MD1959 Sloan Pl Saint Paul MN 55117
- Dr. Neelay Jitendra Kothari M.D.11676 Wayzata Blvd Hopkins MN 55305
- Dr. Christian Gerald Schrock MD3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422