Lauren Elizabeth Britton MA, LMHC
Psychologist775 Haywood Road Suite K Asheville NC, 28801
I am a Clinical Health Psychologist in Asheville, North Carolina. As a Health Psychologist, I believe that mental health and physical health go hand in hand, and I want to help you optimize both. Im ...
Education and Training
Appalachian State University Health Psychology 2005
- Psychotherapy - Individual
- Group Therapy
- Family And Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (dbt)
- Acceptance And Commitment Therapy (act)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (cbt)
- Professional Member American Counseling Association 2016
- Professional Member Gulfcoast Mental Health Counselors 2016
- Elsevier - Body Image: An International Journal of ResearchFat talk and self-presentation of body image: Is there a social norm for women to self-degrade? 2006
Lauren Elizabeth Britton MA, LMHC's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28801Get Direction
NAPLES, FL 34110Get Direction
Naples, FL 34102Get Direction
Lauren Elizabeth Britton MA, LMHC's reviewsWrite Review
- Humor and Autism Spectrum Disorder
Our Autism Community is very important to us. At FindaTopDoc, we create and share articles and slideshows about autism, reporting on the latest information, news, breakthroughs and observations that we believe our autism community is seeking. In doing our research, we come across remarkable...
- Psychotherapy for Depression
If you have depression, the most recommended treatment for you would be psychotherapy. The term psychotherapy, which is also known as therapy, in short, involves various techniques of treatment. During therapy, you talk to a licensed, trained, and experienced therapist in mental health care. The...
- Study Links PTSD from 9/11 to Dementia Cases
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. And yet, every single American still remembers where they were on that day. Researchers found that rescuers, witnesses and survivors have reported cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or simply PTSD. Sean Clouston, the lead researcher from Stony Brook...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- Stress Can Lead to Binge Eating
According to a new survey presented at the annual meeting of American Psychological Association, there are those that lose their appetite when under stress but for the most part, people tend to overeat at the time of stress. The study conducted under the leadership of Kayla Ten Eycke, MSc, of the...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Dr. Irene Matiatos PHD23 Silver Darter Ln Candler NC 28715
- Dr. Christopher Michael Mulchay M.A., M.S., PH.D.1801 Vicente St San Francisco CA 94116
- Dr. Jay Ian Fine PSY.D.8 C Herman Avenue Extension Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. David M Karesh PHD16 Arlington St Asheville NC 28801
- Dr. George L Lindenfeld PH.D.247 Charlotte St Asheville NC 28801
- Elizabeth Sarah Conder PH.D.1 Oak Plz Asheville NC 28801