Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine4320 Wornall Rd Suite 432 Kansas City MO, 64111
Allen Parmet is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Parmet specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Parmet participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1976
University of Wales in Great Britain 1976
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Expediting publication to inform political debates.
- Tuberculosis on the flight deck.
- Rapidly progressive, fixed airway obstructive disease in popcorn workers: a new occupational pulmonary illness?
- Bronchiolitis in popcorn-factory workers.
- Criminal prosecution of a driver with sleep apnea.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #45. An aviator with a pigmented skin lesion.
- Interventional radiology: the future of surgery in microgravity.
- Portable radiography: a reality and necessity for ISS and explorer-class missions.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #31. A special operations person with methemoglobinemia is discussed, with attention to operation of nuclear weapons.
- Drain that swamp.
- Reported in-flight incapacitation: the early birds of 1911.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #14. An aviator with Hodgkin's disease.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #15. An aviator with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- An aviator with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Treatment of neovascular glaucoma with transscleral panretinal cryotherapy.
- Usaf Sch Aerospace Med, Aerospace Medicine; David Grant Usaf Med Ctr, General Surgery
- U Texas, Houston
- US Air Force Regional Hospital/Headquarters Air Armament Center (AFMC) Program
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parmet
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Reasons Why You Need Occupational Therapy
Our days go by with daily occupations. These occupations represent who we really are in life. Different occupations performed daily may include different roles like being a husband, wife, parent, child, football player, tennis player, an actor, musician, doctor, firefighter, etc. Our occupations...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Dr. Gregory C Buhler D.O.825 Euclid Ave Kansas City MO 64124
- Dr. Marc K Hutchison M.D.805 Ne Rice Rd Lees Summit MO 64086
- Dr. Andrea M Ely M.D.5555 W 58th St Mission KS 66202
- Dr. Douglas Martin Kelling D.O.19401 E Us Highway 40 Independence MO 64055
- Dr. Tyann G. Hamedi M.D.12140 Nall Ave Leawood KS 66209
- Dr. William T. Raue DO1650 Broadway St Kansas City MO 64108