Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine4320 Wornall Rd Suite 432 Kansas City MO, 64111
Allen Parmet is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Parmet specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Parmet participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1976
University of Wales in Great Britain 1976
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Expediting publication to inform political debates.
- Tuberculosis on the flight deck.
- Rapidly progressive, fixed airway obstructive disease in popcorn workers: a new occupational pulmonary illness?
- Bronchiolitis in popcorn-factory workers.
- Criminal prosecution of a driver with sleep apnea.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #45. An aviator with a pigmented skin lesion.
- Interventional radiology: the future of surgery in microgravity.
- Portable radiography: a reality and necessity for ISS and explorer-class missions.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #31. A special operations person with methemoglobinemia is discussed, with attention to operation of nuclear weapons.
- Drain that swamp.
- Reported in-flight incapacitation: the early birds of 1911.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #14. An aviator with Hodgkin's disease.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #15. An aviator with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- An aviator with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Treatment of neovascular glaucoma with transscleral panretinal cryotherapy.
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parmet
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- Reasons Why You Need Occupational Therapy
Our days go by with daily occupations. These occupations represent who we really are in life. Different occupations performed daily may include different roles like being a husband, wife, parent, child, football player, tennis player, an actor, musician, doctor, firefighter, etc. Our occupations...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Dr. Gregory C Buhler D.O.8675 COLLEGE BLVD OVERLAND PARK KS 66210
- Dr. Marc K Hutchison M.D.805 Ne Rice Rd Lees Summit MO 64086
- Dr. Andrea M Ely M.D.5555 W 58th St Mission KS 66202
- Dr. Douglas Martin Kelling D.O.8919 PARALLEL PKWY KANSAS CITY KS 66112
- Dr. Tyann G. Hamedi M.D.12140 Nall Ave Leawood KS 66209
- Dr. William T. Raue DO1333 Meadowlark Ln Kansas City Kansas 66102