Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine4320 Wornall Rd Suite 432 Kansas City MO, 64111
Allen Parmet is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Parmet specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Parmet participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1976
University of Wales in Great Britain 1976
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Expediting publication to inform political debates.
- Tuberculosis on the flight deck.
- Rapidly progressive, fixed airway obstructive disease in popcorn workers: a new occupational pulmonary illness?
- Bronchiolitis in popcorn-factory workers.
- Criminal prosecution of a driver with sleep apnea.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #45. An aviator with a pigmented skin lesion.
- Interventional radiology: the future of surgery in microgravity.
- Portable radiography: a reality and necessity for ISS and explorer-class missions.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #31. A special operations person with methemoglobinemia is discussed, with attention to operation of nuclear weapons.
- Drain that swamp.
- Reported in-flight incapacitation: the early birds of 1911.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #14. An aviator with Hodgkin's disease.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #15. An aviator with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- An aviator with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Treatment of neovascular glaucoma with transscleral panretinal cryotherapy.
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parmet
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....