Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine4320 Wornall Rd Suite 432 Kansas City MO, 64111
Allen Parmet is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Parmet specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Parmet participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1976
University of Wales in Great Britain 1976
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Expediting publication to inform political debates.
- Tuberculosis on the flight deck.
- Rapidly progressive, fixed airway obstructive disease in popcorn workers: a new occupational pulmonary illness?
- Bronchiolitis in popcorn-factory workers.
- Criminal prosecution of a driver with sleep apnea.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #45. An aviator with a pigmented skin lesion.
- Interventional radiology: the future of surgery in microgravity.
- Portable radiography: a reality and necessity for ISS and explorer-class missions.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #31. A special operations person with methemoglobinemia is discussed, with attention to operation of nuclear weapons.
- Drain that swamp.
- Reported in-flight incapacitation: the early birds of 1911.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #14. An aviator with Hodgkin's disease.
- Cases from the aerospace medicine residents' teaching file. Case #15. An aviator with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- An aviator with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Treatment of neovascular glaucoma with transscleral panretinal cryotherapy.
- Usaf Sch Aerospace Med, Aerospace Medicine; David Grant Usaf Med Ctr, General Surgery
- U Texas, Houston
- US Air Force Regional Hospital/Headquarters Air Armament Center (AFMC) Program
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. Allen Jeffrey Parmet M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parmet
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What Causes Middle Back Pain?
Middle back pain, also known as upper back pain or thoracic back pain occurs anywhere between the bottom of the neck to the top of the lumbar spine, where the rib cage ends. The ribs are connected to the sternum (a narrow thickened plate in the center of the chest) and then wrap round the...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...