Dr. Laura Witte is a speech language pathologist practicing in SPOKANE, WA. Dr. Witte specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Witte evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Witte helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Laura Witte's Practice location
SPOKANE, WA 99212Get Direction
Laura Witte's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Rachael Schwartz MA,CCC,SLP13607 E SPRAGUE AVE SPOKANE VALLEY WA 99216
- Mackenzie Lauber1801 E UPRIVER DR SPOKANE WA 99207
- Mrs. Carol Lynn Reeves SLP8818 E GRACE AVE SPOKANE WA 99212
- Manaswita Dutta SLP-CFY1224 E WESTVIEW CT SPOKANE WA 99218
- Dorothy Louise Sheard M.A., CCC/SLP9212 E MONTGOMERY AVE SPOKANE VALLEY WA 99206
- Lauren Tandy M.S., CCC-SLP398 S. CORBIN RD. POST FALLS ID 83854